The new iPhone 15
clnyule26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 12th, 2016 9:24 PM

Iphone 7 free offer with AT&T new signup?

I saw an advertisement on tv about a free iphone offer when a person signs up for at&T cell phone service if he has direct TV. I have direct  tv...and AT&T home phone service....do i qualify?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@clnyule26 See here https://www.att.com/deals/directv-iphone-offer.html

It looks like it is specifically for a PORT IN (from a competing carrier, see details).

They credit you for $650 (even if you pick a more expensive model), they give you 1/24th of that back every month (if you pick Next Every Year) they'll bill you the full amount. Don't be later with your payments it could invalidate the offer.

PLEASE check shipping dates on-line BEFORE you order, some of the colors still have really long ship dates. If you put it in a case the color doesn't really matter, does it? 

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 4.28.53 PM.png

Be sure to read all the specifics!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 4.29.04 PM.pngKeep copies of all receipts and tracking numbers and everything!!!

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes you qualify as long as you port a number from another eligible carrier.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Technically it's $650 off in monthly credits, but yes.  You just port from an eligible carrier (Verizon Sprint, T-mobile.)

Please ask for all details and follow to the letter.  

IMG_4773.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Technically it's $650 off in monthly credits, but yes.  You just port from an eligible carrier (Verizon Sprint, T-mobile.)

How does this "eligible" part work, when the offer details don't list the "select others"???

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 4.38.32 PM.pngWhere is the list of "select others"???

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Good question.

ATT has a bunch of MVNO's.  Most customers know if they are using ATT service.  

Other than Cricket,  Aio, I don't know who else is ATT under another name.  

I think a good rule of thumb is "competiting carrier".   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Good question.

ATT has a bunch of MVNO's.  Most customers know if they are using ATT service.  

Other than Cricket,  Aio, I don't know who else is ATT under another name.  

I think a good rule of thumb is "competiting carrier".   

It just seems like it'd be easy enough to link to it. 

I'm sure there are GoPhone users who don't know it's actually AT&T. (I'm serious!)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There are also MVNO's that use multiple carriers including ATT (like Straight Talk), I wonder if they are on the list?

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hard to tell. I don't know if internal docs would have any more information. But my guess would be any competing carrier including MVNOs that aren't owned by AT&T (Cricket). GoPhone would be a no go for sure since that's not even a port, that's just an account transfer.

My guess would be it includes VZW, T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular for sure.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Hmmm US cellular uses ATT entirely for coverage (I thought it was Verizon till I looked it up)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Again, they need better people working on their offer's wording.... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.