The new iPhone 15
mamapre's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 22nd, 2018 3:33 AM

Iphone 6 battery charging

I've had battery issues with my Iphone 6 since the last two updates. The battery dies even when it's plugged in. It charged back up after a few hours but it has done it again and it's not charging. Completely done with Iphones. I didn't want to get a new phone but they are really pushing me to get a new one and it's not going to be an Apple product.

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

6 years ago

Hello,

Apple has been accused of slowing down performance on older iPhones to save their battery life. Your phone could possibly be one with an battery that has been affected by what they have done and could've potentially made it worse. In my opinion, they only do that to make you buy another one. And it's just my opinion but if you do get a new phone, I wouldn't get another iPhone.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

@mamapre

Batteries wear out. Even those in Apple devices.

Replacing a worn out battery for $30 is not a bad deal (i got stuck paying the full $80).

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

We have an old iPhone 5s and are going to take advantage of the $29 battery replacement offer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

They gave me whole new iPhone 6, they said the battery swelled and they

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@mamapre wrote:
They gave me whole new iPhone 6, they said the battery swelled and they

Who gave you new iPhone 6? Apple? Battery swelled and what?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Sounds like there is either a very significant software issue (that would require a DFU restore) or a hardware problem with your battery.

Try doing the DFU restore on your iPhone. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to have to battery replaced. Or, you could just get a new phone if you're really fed up with your iPhone 6.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.