For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
biaspoint's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 25th, 2016 4:49 AM

Iphone 5s was unlocked by AT&T and confirmed by them over the phone, Verizon sim will not work.

Apple tells me it is an AT&T issue. I tried to back up and restore through itunes, but I continue to get the same message when I put the Verizon Sim Card in:

SIM Not Valide

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.  This is not a hardward issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Unlike the newer iPhone 6 and 6s, the iPhone 5s from ATT doesn't have CDMA bands required for use with Verizon.  

The phone is unlocked for use with other GSM carriers, like T-mobile or European carriers.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Just in case you are not clear on what @lizdance40 is saying, your iphone 5s is not compatible with Verizon's network. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

in order to complete the unlock process for iphone u need to connect your phone to your computer with itunes running and restore/upgrade....

given the error message SIM NOT VALID its mean the phone is not yet unlock.....

tried with my iphone 5s unlocked by AT&T 2yrs ago. Verizon Simcard where accepted but cant verified if this will work for verizon has different freq band compare to att.... (note verizon simcard used no longer service active)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@jhunlei

A Verizon SIM card in an ATT 5s will always say invalid SIM card, it does not have CDMA bands required for Verizon or Sprint.  That does not mean the phone is still locked.

The reverse is not true as the Verizon 5s has 3G GSM and LTE bands which will work on ATT.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40

here is a screen shot of my phone and you can check the model its att with sim card of verizon, after few second the signal will go to noservice.... it did accept a verizon simcard....

IMG_0331.PNG

if you need more pic or video showing i put a verizon sim card i can share it

note that i didnt tell that it will work on verizon network but it did accept the sim

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

I see.  For unlocking, it didn't ever say invalid?  It should.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.