Iphone 4 or 4s without data package

Tutor

Iphone 4 or 4s without data package

Hello,

we have a family contract with 4 lines. On 3 of this 4 lines we are using an iphone and now i wanted to know if it is possible to add another iphone on the 4th line but without a data package? 
Thanks

Message 1 of 18 (23,475 Views)
Guru

Re: Iphone 4 or 4s without data package

I don't know how you got away with that. I tried the same thing. I put my kids non smart phone SIM card into my iPhone and shortly after that I got the message saying that I needed to add a data plan and they would add the largest data plan to my account.
Message 16 of 18 (22,551 Views)
Contributor

I called AT&T and they wouldn't answer this question when I asked about the prepaid plan. But they transfered me to another service person who did. Yes, if your iphone is past its contract date, you can opt for a $25 per month plan without data. I asked this question three times because this forum seems full of opinions to the contrary. But each time the service person answered (patiently) that I would be able to do this with my iphone. Hope this helps. I think it is always better to ask AT&T then to wade through what others think.

Message 17 of 18 (14,419 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

If it is a Pay As You Go plan, you can have without data. If it is a regular calling plan, it requires data, period.
Don't always believe the people on the phone. There are hundreds of post about what people were told by customer service not being correct.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 18 (14,373 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.