Helpful Links

Iphone 4 or 4s without data package

Tutor

Iphone 4 or 4s without data package

Hello,

we have a family contract with 4 lines. On 3 of this 4 lines we are using an iphone and now i wanted to know if it is possible to add another iphone on the 4th line but without a data package? 
Thanks

Message 1 of 18
Expert

Re: Iphone 4 or 4s without data package

nope
Message 2 of 18
Professor

All iPhones/Smartphones you get will have to have a required data package to be fully functional
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 18
Tutor

and can i do it, when it would not be fully functional? 

Message 4 of 18
Expert

if you use the iPhone with a active simcard you are required/mandated a data plan, no choice
Message 5 of 18
Tutor

and if i only get it in the contract, but only use it without a sim-card as an ipod?

Message 6 of 18
Former Community Manager

If you use any smartphone, like the iPhone, on AT&T's network you are required to have a data plan. 

If you do not use the phone on AT&T's network, you will not be required to have a data plan. That means if you use the phone without the SIM card, you can just use it as an iPod. You will not be able to make/receive calls or text messages via the AT&T network however. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 18
Tutor

and am i able to buy an iphone for the money of the contract without using it in the contract? so let's say i have the plan with unlimited text and talk and my own phone and i want to buy the iphone for this plan, but no data, because i won't use the iphone as a phone and only as an ipod. That would be possible?

Message 8 of 18
Former Community Manager

You can choose not to use the iPhone as an actual phone but you will still be charged for whatever plans you order when you purchase it. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 18
Highlighted
Expert

Basti910 wrote:

and am i able to buy an iphone for the money of the contract without using it in the contract? so let's say i have the plan with unlimited text and talk and my own phone and i want to buy the iphone for this plan, but no data, because i won't use the iphone as a phone and only as an ipod. That would be possible?

then buy a ipod, if you put a sim in the iphone, it will be charged for a data plan

Message 10 of 18
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support