The new iPhone 15
akplusone's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 2:16 AM

Iphone 4 from eBay?

I have the HTC Inspire and a 2 GB data plan. I can't upgrade until November so I just want to buy an used iPhone 4 on ebay. My mom is the one in charge of the service but I am with my dad for the summer so could I just have my sim card put into the iPhone wthout having to change the plan at all?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You won't have to mess with your contract to switch the phones; you just have to change the data plan to an iPhone-specific plan.

By the way, the iPhone 4 uses a microSIM instead of a regular-sized SIM that phones like your Inspire use. You can either cut your current SIM with a microSIM cutter, (I recently bought one for $4 on eBay) or go to an AT&T store and purchase one.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

No, you would need to change to an iPhone data plan.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

12 years ago

There is no difference in price. There is no need to change your plan. Back when iPhone first launched, yes they had iPhone data plans.... Now you only have a general data plan. Regardless of the phone or OS, you can change your sim and you are good to go.

Get the iPhone your wanting with no worries.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@justmyinput wrote:
There is no difference in price. There is no need to change your plan. Back when iPhone first launched, yes they had iPhone data plans.... Now you only have a general data plan. Regardless of the phone or OS, you can change your sim and you are good to go.

Get the iPhone your wanting with no worries.

No, The data plan enables features behind the scenes with ATT.  Yes the price is the same but not how the phone interacts with the network!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

@justmyinput wrote:

You are partially correct in that the Datapro for Smartphones plan will work on any smartphone except the iPhone. iPhone still needs an iPhone specific data plan.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

You can keep your data amount for same pricing etc u are grandfathered in but when ever u make major changes to certain phones like bb or iPhones you will need to call so your data plan will work properly. Call customer care 611.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Ok, so will I be able to just put in the Sim card and then call and have the data plan changed? Will everything else work but the data?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

And I can change it without having to mess with my contract right?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I have a 4S I'll be selling once I get my SGS3 tomorrow 😛 otherwise to eBay it goes haha good luck!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@krayjee wrote:
I have a 4S I'll be selling once I get my SGS3 tomorrow 😛 otherwise to eBay it goes haha good luck!

make sure to tell the buyer it will not be eligible for unlock

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.