The new iPhone 15
jtski908's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016 10:45 PM

Ipad mini ordered then stolen by attt empoyee

We ordered an ipad mini from the Bartow Fl att store. Called a week later and an employee told my wife it was in. Wife called 3 days later, was told it was not there any longer. I spoke with att 611 person. Told her the concern. Told her no one would call my wife back. We wanted our paid for ipad mini. She put me in touch with the store, spoke with Jori. Jori told me someone by thr name of erin or aaron had signed the ipad out and the store did not have anyone with that name. She said she would call me back in 1 hour.
3 hours later no call. Store won't pick up the phone.
611 complaint number people there said you need to take it up with the store.
So, I have a stolen ipad by an employee, att refuses to help. Store won't pick up.
So it looks like only option I have is to go to store and file a felony theft report, and cancel my directv and att service and go with comcast.
Anybody got another suggestions?
K

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

8 years ago

Your issue is with the store, not AT&T. You need to go to the store and speak with management. Make sure it is actually missing and not misplaced. I'm not sure you can file a theft report since you've never actually possessed the iPad. That will likely be the stores responsibility.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

We can file a theft report.
We paid for it, as such, it is our property. Therefore, it was stolen from us.
The manager would not call us back after repeated attempts. So we sought help from big AT&T.
We received no help.
An employee stole the ipad, possibly more than one is in on it. The employee my wife initially spoke with verified it was in the store. Then a different employee says it never got there. Then the story changes to it was signed out at a different store under a false name. But we don't know what store because we can't see that in our software.
Really, the software shows who signed it out, but not where?
Bottom line, our ipad was stolen by an AT&T employee. Big AT&T would not help us in any way. The manager of the store would not call us back, two false stories were given to us.
I am sure we will eventually get another ipad. Afterall, we have record we ordered it.
We will be leaving AT&T services in the near future. We are too good of customers too deal with theft, lies, refusal for a manager to call us back, and big AT&T was not concerned.....

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Something you have ordered but not yet received is not your property. Even if an iPad was stolen, it was not stolen from you. Clearly you are still owed an iPad or a refund and you have every reason to be upset with the store but filing a police report is unlikely to get you anything. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

A police report begins a felony theft investigation from the local law enforcement agency. It will encompass an investigation that will cause employees to be interviewed, records checked, a check for in-store videos (if any) of the time frame in question.
It might also cause the thief to stop stealing from the AT&T business where other people order expensive items.
It's not just about finding a culprit, its about hopefully drawing enough attention to the store to stop the theft of customer's items, who spend their hard earned money at the store.

That being said, I would to like to thank everyone who responded to my post for their help. Even if I disagree with your suggestions or point of view, I really do appreciate the time you spent trying to help me.
It seems my course of action is set.
Thank you.

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

8 years ago

I am a LEO and you are not the victim in this case. The store is the victim of the theft and would have to file the report. The agreement between you and the store is a civil issue not a criminal issue, at least that's how it would be in Ohio. If the store ultimately does not provide you with the item you purchased you would have to pursue that as a civil case against the store i.e. sue them. It would be a breach of contract if they fail to provide you with an iPad. If the store chooses to not pursue it criminally, you still can't pursue it criminally because you are not a victim. Of course, this may vary from state to state.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.