For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
bethanylynnwalk's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 3:23 AM

Internet won't work on my new iPhone keeps saying no sim

I just got a new iPhone 7 plus and I kept having issues with it saying no sim and no calls would work nor the internet. I went to the att store got a new SIM card & now my phone has only stopped working once but the internet will not work at all unless I'm on wifi I even called and added extra data so I know I have plenty of high speed internet. It will load Facebook notifications but anytime you get on messenger or YouTube says no internet connection. Help!

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

This is very basic, but make sure your cellular data is turned on... click Settings -> Cellular -> And Make sure Cellular Data is ON (green) 

Also, since you got a new SIM card you can try resetting your network settings. Click Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Employee

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

You may need call AT&T update the sim card number.. Another easy fix may try shutting the phone completely down let it sit for few minutes then turn back on make sure you have all you setting set like johnny said.

I just had got a new phone & sim card the sim was not activated kinds sounds like your issue. Just called att and was simple fix they updated it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.