The new iPhone 15
sidneysider's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 5:34 PM

International travel with iphone 4

We will be travelling.  I do not want to incur any international charges.  No texting, emails, roaming, etc.  How can I be sure to prevent this from happening?  Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@sidneysider wrote:

Hi:  I've never done that before.  What happens when it is in airplane mode?   I know to delete all email accounts - cancel any roaming - turn off cellular data.  More?????  I have heard nightmare stories of people receiving enormous bills for their iphone.   I just want to use it while travelling for photos and the alarm clock. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again.

If you do not care if you use it for anything but the alarm clock and pcitures, just go into settings and put it in Airplane mode, this will turn off the voice, data and wifi functionality. Click on Settgins and the first line is Airplane mode, set it to on.

You will be charged if someone calls you and it goes to voice mail, not sure if you are charged regular or international if the phone is in Airplane mode.

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

12 years ago

Put your phone in airplane mode, and then turn back on WiFi if you want.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

12 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:
Put your phone in airplane mode, and then turn back on WiFi if you want.

I agree.  It works like a charm.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Hi:  I've never done that before.  What happens when it is in airplane mode?   I know to delete all email accounts - cancel any roaming - turn off cellular data.  More?????  I have heard nightmare stories of people receiving enormous bills for their iphone.   I just want to use it while travelling for photos and the alarm clock. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.