International travel with iphone 4

Highlighted

International travel with iphone 4

We will be travelling.  I do not want to incur any international charges.  No texting, emails, roaming, etc.  How can I be sure to prevent this from happening?  Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 5 (5,051 Views)
Professor

Re: International travel with iphone 4

Put your phone in airplane mode, and then turn back on WiFi if you want.
Message 2 of 5 (5,044 Views)
ACE - Professor

dwill05 wrote:
Put your phone in airplane mode, and then turn back on WiFi if you want.

I agree.  It works like a charm.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (5,005 Views)

Hi:  I've never done that before.  What happens when it is in airplane mode?   I know to delete all email accounts - cancel any roaming - turn off cellular data.  More?????  I have heard nightmare stories of people receiving enormous bills for their iphone.   I just want to use it while travelling for photos and the alarm clock. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again.

Message 4 of 5 (4,983 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author sidneysider
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

sidneysider wrote:

Hi:  I've never done that before.  What happens when it is in airplane mode?   I know to delete all email accounts - cancel any roaming - turn off cellular data.  More?????  I have heard nightmare stories of people receiving enormous bills for their iphone.   I just want to use it while travelling for photos and the alarm clock. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again.

If you do not care if you use it for anything but the alarm clock and pcitures, just go into settings and put it in Airplane mode, this will turn off the voice, data and wifi functionality. Click on Settgins and the first line is Airplane mode, set it to on.

You will be charged if someone calls you and it goes to voice mail, not sure if you are charged regular or international if the phone is in Airplane mode.

Message 5 of 5 (4,980 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.