07-17-2014 6:17 PM
Hi so i am going on vacation for a week and have a couple of questions.
1. I have an ipad with cellular data and i turned off data roaming as well on my iphone. Should i turn off cellular data as well? On my Ipad i just plan on playing games like supernauts, hearthstone, and deer hunter 2014 and using safari too. Same on my iphone pretty much should i turn it off?
2. Is it safe to use a pre paid phone card? I am going to jamaica and i want to call back to my house/family. I should not be charged if im correct? Im not using an AT&T card but another one that i got from CVS pharmacy. I should only lose money from the prepaid card.
3. If someone calls me from the US like a friend without using a card or anything will he be charged? Will i be charged with just recieving the call? Or only if i pick up? How does it work with messaging/?
4. This is an important one, one of my family members were on vacation in D.R ( dom republic) and another family member from the US called them using a phone card and they accepted the call. A week later after they came back they got a message saying they have been charged over 250 dollars for international data calling. Does this mean that if someone calls you using a prepaid card, that the person accepting the call will be charged? They had data roaming off but not cellular data off. Thanks.
Solved by: Go to Solution.
07-17-2014 9:19 PM
07-17-2014 10:07 PM
hi thank you for your response the pre paid card i bought tho was for international calling and it says on my family members phone that they were charged 250 dollars for international calling fees i dont understand why?
07-17-2014 10:21 PM
07-17-2014 10:44 PM
Oh ok, so i have to make sure though that i am calling with the card, not the person in the US correct? And is there anything i can do about the fees? It is a lot and I thought that there would be no charge since i used the international phone card but i was wrong.
07-18-2014 6:29 AM
- edited 07-18-2014 6:56 PM
When traveling outside the US, I use the iPhone Skype app connected over WiFi. I also keep a credit of a couple of bucks on my Skype account.
|11-03-2018 12:52 PM|
|05-23-2011 7:11 PM|
|07-21-2018 3:18 PM|
|04-07-2018 11:23 AM|
|02-28-2018 9:09 PM|