For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
niharikap's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 7:50 PM

If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel it?

I bought a new iPad 3 with 4g and gifted it to my sister who is out of country. She doesnt need att connection but plans on getting a data connection from their local carrier. i havent set up the account with at&t yet. Do i need to do something, like setting up the account with At&t and then cancelling it .. or can i just leave it??? will I be charged automatically??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

12 years ago

the iPad3 is not sim-locked She can get an iPad sim from any local carrier that supports the iPad (it must be a 4G sim however)

You don't need to do anything with AT&T, nor will you get billed for her use of whatever sim / account she signs up for.

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

12 years ago

Also as your shipping out of the US place ur item as a Gift
When you go to USPS otherwise your sister may receive
One heck of a Fee to receive it especially to Europe anyway 😉

Anyhow hope ur sis likes her present 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Oh yaaa!!! She absolutely loves her iPad... She was here and took the iPad back with her

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

My mistake was to go with ATT on my IPAD2  Limited network.  Many areas where service is not available.  Also I selected the 250 /30 pln.  and the other day I renewed and it used 200MB in a day doing nothing but email.

My friends went with Verizon and are very happy.  I could sell it or give it away and change to Verizon since Apple ha it rigged so you cannot change.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.