If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel it?

Contributor

If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel it?

I bought a new iPad 3 with 4g and gifted it to my sister who is out of country. She doesnt need att connection but plans on getting a data connection from their local carrier. i havent set up the account with at&t yet. Do i need to do something, like setting up the account with At&t and then cancelling it .. or can i just leave it??? will I be charged automatically??

Message 1 of 5 (2,860 Views)
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author niharikap
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel i

the iPad3 is not sim-locked She can get an iPad sim from any local carrier that supports the iPad (it must be a 4G sim however)

You don't need to do anything with AT&T, nor will you get billed for her use of whatever sim / account she signs up for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (2,821 Views)
Scholar

Re: If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel i

Also as your shipping out of the US place ur item as a Gift
When you go to USPS otherwise your sister may receive
One heck of a Fee to receive it especially to Europe anyway Smiley Wink

Anyhow hope ur sis likes her present Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5 (2,731 Views)
Contributor

Oh yaaa!!! She absolutely loves her iPad... She was here and took the iPad back with her
Message 4 of 5 (2,724 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

everyone makes mistakes

My mistake was to go with ATT on my IPAD2  Limited network.  Many areas where service is not available.  Also I selected the 250 /30 pln.  and the other day I renewed and it used 200MB in a day doing nothing but email.

My friends went with Verizon and are very happy.  I could sell it or give it away and change to Verizon since Apple ha it rigged so you cannot change.

Message 5 of 5 (2,656 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.