Posted Apr 24, 2012
12:50:32 PM
View profile
If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel it?

I bought a new iPad 3 with 4g and gifted it to my sister who is out of country. She doesnt need att connection but plans on getting a data connection from their local carrier. i havent set up the account with at&t yet. Do i need to do something, like setting up the account with At&t and then cancelling it .. or can i just leave it??? will I be charged automatically??

I bought a new iPad 3 with 4g and gifted it to my sister who is out of country. She doesnt need att connection but plans on getting a data connection from their local carrier. i havent set up the account with at&t yet. Do i need to do something, like setting up the account with At&t and then cancelling it .. or can i just leave it??? will I be charged automatically??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 25, 2012 5:21:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

the iPad3 is not sim-locked She can get an iPad sim from any local carrier that supports the iPad (it must be a 4G sim however)

You don't need to do anything with AT&T, nor will you get billed for her use of whatever sim / account she signs up for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel it?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 25, 2012 5:21:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

the iPad3 is not sim-locked She can get an iPad sim from any local carrier that supports the iPad (it must be a 4G sim however)

You don't need to do anything with AT&T, nor will you get billed for her use of whatever sim / account she signs up for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel i

2 of 5 (2,744 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 9:28:50 PM
(0)
Scholar
Also as your shipping out of the US place ur item as a Gift
When you go to USPS otherwise your sister may receive
One heck of a Fee to receive it especially to Europe anyway :smileywink:

Anyhow hope ur sis likes her present :smileyhappy:
Also as your shipping out of the US place ur item as a Gift
When you go to USPS otherwise your sister may receive
One heck of a Fee to receive it especially to Europe anyway :smileywink:

Anyhow hope ur sis likes her present :smileyhappy:

Re: If i dont need dataplan for new iPad3, do I need to create an account with ATT and then Cancel i

3 of 5 (2,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 1:51:31 AM
(0)
Oh yaaa!!! She absolutely loves her iPad... She was here and took the iPad back with her
Oh yaaa!!! She absolutely loves her iPad... She was here and took the iPad back with her

4 of 5 (2,647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2012 5:18:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

My mistake was to go with ATT on my IPAD2  Limited network.  Many areas where service is not available.  Also I selected the 250 /30 pln.  and the other day I renewed and it used 200MB in a day doing nothing but email.

My friends went with Verizon and are very happy.  I could sell it or give it away and change to Verizon since Apple ha it rigged so you cannot change.

My mistake was to go with ATT on my IPAD2  Limited network.  Many areas where service is not available.  Also I selected the 250 /30 pln.  and the other day I renewed and it used 200MB in a day doing nothing but email.

My friends went with Verizon and are very happy.  I could sell it or give it away and change to Verizon since Apple ha it rigged so you cannot change.

everyone makes mistakes

5 of 5 (2,579 Views)