Explore & discover

Helpful Links

If I have a sprint phone will my AT&T sim work in it ?

Contributor

If I have a sprint phone will my AT&T sim work in it ?

I bought a phone online and it was used on sprint but I use AT&T. If I put my AT&T SIM in the phone will I be able to use my number to make calls and text ? 

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: If I have a sprint phone will my AT&T sim work in it ?

There are only a few Sprint phones that will work on AT&T. Sprint is CDMA network and AT&T is GSM network. There are a few phones that have both radios but they are few. Most phones are not compatible on both networks.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Re: If I have a sprint phone will my AT

So no matter what carrier you buy the device from as long as it is GSM it should work with a At&T SIM?
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@Hayden_2020 wrote:
So no matter what carrier you buy the device from as long as it is GSM it should work with a At&T SIM?

NOPE depends on the phone and what sprint has done to it in regards to programming.  What device are you talking about?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

An iPhone 6s
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Hayden_2020
‎12-26-2018 8:34 AM

A Sprint iPhone 6s will work perfectly on ATT, provided the phone has been unlocked. The iPhone 6s was universal. Unlocked, it will work on any carrier.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support