The new iPhone 15
rbaron's profile

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

Monday, June 2nd, 2014 11:54 PM

If I Upgrade from 4s to 5s or 6: 2 years before I can Unlock New iPhone?

The title pretty much says it all.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

@rbaron wrote:

The title pretty much says it all.

Yes unless you pay off the price of the phone early and you meet some minimum amount of time. If you want an unlocked iPHone sooner. Go to Apple and buy the unlocked version.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

Sorry, only the person that had the phone on their account can request and receive the unlock. No one here can do anything.

AT&T will only unlock phones for current or former customers.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

@kierDiamante wrote:
please hep me so much, im from the PHILIPPINES i just got my first ever iphone 4(ios 7.1.2) from a fourth degree person (#realtalk) from a co workER friend...

I'm sorry but AT&T will only unlock its iPhones for current and former customers.

More info here.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

sorry for bothering you guys again.... BUT wat if i know someone OR ask someone who uses AT&T network ,would it be possible that he could help me badly need.. that ill just give him my ime #, is it for free charge? also i have read 5 device can unlock with1sim right??..

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

@kierDiamante wrote:
sorry for bothering you guys again.... BUT wat if i know someone OR ask someone who uses AT&T network ,would it be possible that he could help me badly need.. that ill just give him my ime #, is it for free charge? also i have read 5 device can unlock with1sim right??..

That won't work. The phone will have to be on their account for a period of time for it to be unlocked.

If you can wait around 6 months, give the phone to a person that has AT&T and let them use it on their account for that long, then they may be able to unlock the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.