If I Upgrade from 4s to 5s or 6: 2 years before I can Unlock New iPhone?

Mentor

If I Upgrade from 4s to 5s or 6: 2 years before I can Unlock New iPhone?

The title pretty much says it all.

Message 1 of 6 (2,190 Views)
Highlighted
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author rbaron
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: If I Upgrade from 4s to 5s or 6: 2 years before I can Unlock New iPhone?

rbaron wrote:

The title pretty much says it all.

Yes unless you pay off the price of the phone early and you meet some minimum amount of time. If you want an unlocked iPHone sooner. Go to Apple and buy the unlocked version.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 6 (2,170 Views)
ACE - Expert

Sorry, only the person that had the phone on their account can request and receive the unlock. No one here can do anything.

AT&T will only unlock phones for current or former customers.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (1,827 Views)
ACE - Professor

kierDiamante wrote:
please hep me so much, im from the PHILIPPINES i just got my first ever iphone 4(ios 7.1.2) from a fourth degree person (#realtalk) from a co workER friend...

I'm sorry but AT&T will only unlock its iPhones for current and former customers.

More info here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (1,826 Views)

sorry for bothering you guys again.... BUT wat if i know someone OR ask someone who uses AT&T network ,would it be possible that he could help me badly need.. that ill just give him my ime #, is it for free charge? also i have read 5 device can unlock with1sim right??..
Message 5 of 6 (1,783 Views)
ACE - Expert

kierDiamante wrote:
sorry for bothering you guys again.... BUT wat if i know someone OR ask someone who uses AT&T network ,would it be possible that he could help me badly need.. that ill just give him my ime #, is it for free charge? also i have read 5 device can unlock with1sim right??..

That won't work. The phone will have to be on their account for a period of time for it to be unlocked.

If you can wait around 6 months, give the phone to a person that has AT&T and let them use it on their account for that long, then they may be able to unlock the phone.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 6 of 6 (1,756 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.