Explore & discover

Helpful Links

IPhone X and Prepaid plans

Contributor

IPhone X and Prepaid plans

Can you use one of your prepaid plans on the new iphone x?  I am interested in doing the $40/mo. plan and want to make sure that can be used on the iphone x.

Message 1 of 15
Contributor

Re: Iphone x and Prepaid plans

The apple store close to where i live just happens to run out of stock everyday, so I was left with no choice besides ordering online. 

Message 11 of 15
ACE - Sage

@Mk1352

“....If you are able to get the iphone X in store with a NEW number and a POSTPAID plan, do not activate it, and immediately go to an AT&T store and ask the representatives to transfer your current plan (prepaid) onto the new iPhone X. 2)If you can not or do not want to wait in line for an iphone X, order online on AT&T. Again, order the phone as a new device and with a Postpaid plan (it could be any of the plan since you do not have to pay for it yet, and it would not matter anyways). And when you get the device, do not activate it and go to the AT&T store to get the people to help you....”

You cannot just open a postpaid plan with a phone, and not pay for a postpaid plan.  

There’s a credit check involved.  I can guarantee this will get the phone blocked for fraud.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 15
Tutor

You can get it with a prepaid plan but if you get it full price.

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

I understand what you are saying about any compatible phone will work with AT&Ts new prepaid plan, but apple’s website says in fine print “cannot be used on prepaid plans.” I’m trying to figure out if I buy my phone through apples monthly plan will I be able to use it on AT&T’s prepaid plan?

Message 14 of 15

@Stephaniethoang

According to what I have read regarding Apple’s monthly payment plan, for any of their phones, states: “Service: Eligible postpaid service (voice & data) is required & extra. If service is cancelled, remaining installment agreement balance is due.“

The only company that I know of that allows monthly payments on a prepaid service is Boost.  That’s only AFTER making at least 12 consecutive payments on time for their service.  

I hope this helps.

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support