The new iPhone 15
kcsvd3's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 7th, 2017 8:16 PM

IPhone X and Prepaid plans

Can you use one of your prepaid plans on the new iphone x?  I am interested in doing the $40/mo. plan and want to make sure that can be used on the iphone x.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

You can use any compatible phone on ANY ATT plan. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

@Stephaniethoang

According to what I have read regarding Apple’s monthly payment plan, for any of their phones, states: “Service: Eligible postpaid service (voice & data) is required & extra. If service is cancelled, remaining installment agreement balance is due.“

The only company that I know of that allows monthly payments on a prepaid service is Boost.  That’s only AFTER making at least 12 consecutive payments on time for their service.  

I hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

No. Pre-paid plans from ATT are not "eligible" when trying to pre-order the iPhone X. Woke up at 3am to pre-order mine just to find out that!!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

6 years ago

you may not be able to pre-order the iphone x with the prepaid plan but when you get one, it can be used on prepaid plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@grzp-999 wrote:

No. Pre-paid plans from ATT are not "eligible" when trying to pre-order the iPhone X. Woke up at 3am to pre-order mine just to find out that!!

@grzp-999

That is normal they get it to post paid customers first.  You can wait in line on launch day and buy one.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@grzp-999 That is not what was asked. The iphone X will indeed work on a prepaid plan but pre-orders are only for postpaid customers. Prepaid also can't buy on a Next plan. However, once you are able to buy one, it will work fine on a prepaid plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I called At&T goPhone customer service. They told me iPhone x is not supported for Prepaid account. Only the phone they support for GoPhone is the phones listed under their website (iPhone 6 but not iPhone 7, & plus, 8 or 8 Plus).  In order to use iPhone x, I need to change my plan to postpaid customer (Monthly plan starting for $60).  Is that true?  I understand that At&T can not have do iPhone x purchase (24/30 months monthly payment) to prepaid/month to month customers. But if we get our own iPhone x at the Apple store, we should be able to use it for GoPhone prepaid account? I know all the people who replied was posted before iPhone X release date. Did anyone actually activate your GoPhone/prepaid account with iPhone x? I am dying to hear from you. Otheriwise, I have to fix my iPhone 6 plus! Ugh. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@kdence You must have gotten a clueless rep. What you were told is not true. As stated in post #2, any ATT compatible phone can be used on prepaid, including the iPhone X. ATT actually sells two iPhone models at a discount specifically as gophones, the iPhone 6 and SE. That is why only those iPhones are on the gophone site but again any compatible phone can be used on prepaid. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same issue as you do that I could not pre-order or order for pick up. But i have found a solution to the problem.This is a conclusion that I got after many phone calls and visiting stores: 1) If you can get a phone in store, would be the best because that would save you a lot of time waiting for delivery and all that. If you are able to get the iphone X in store with a NEW number and a POSTPAID plan, do not activate it, and immediately go to an AT&T store and ask the representatives to transfer your current plan (prepaid) onto the new iPhone X. 2)If you can not or do not want to wait in line for an iphone X, order online on AT&T. Again, order the phone as a new device and with a Postpaid plan (it could be any of the plan since you do not have to pay for it yet, and it would not matter anyways). And when you get the device, do not activate it and go to the AT&T store to get the people to help you. 

But I have had major issues with ordering with AT&T: I have placed two orders already but neither of them go through, and the reason that AT&T gave me is that they could not verify my identity. This is really annoying and when I tried to call in to verify my identity through a number they gave me, they claimed that they had to review it first and could not provide me with further information. AT&T's customer service is terrible when it comes to phone calls as you might already knew. But these are some solutions and advice for prepaid plan working with iphone X. Hope this would help! 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Mk1352 wrote:

I have the same issue as you do that I could not pre-order or order for pick up. But i have found a solution to the problem.This is a conclusion that I got after many phone calls and visiting stores: 1) If you can get a phone in store, would be the best because that would save you a lot of time waiting for delivery and all that. If you are able to get the iphone X in store with a NEW number and a POSTPAID plan, do not activate it, and immediately go to an AT&T store and ask the representatives to transfer your current plan (prepaid) onto the new iPhone X. 2)If you can not or do not want to wait in line for an iphone X, order online on AT&T. Again, order the phone as a new device and with a Postpaid plan (it could be any of the plan since you do not have to pay for it yet, and it would not matter anyways). And when you get the device, do not activate it and go to the AT&T store to get the people to help you. 

But I have had major issues with ordering with AT&T: I have placed two orders already but neither of them go through, and the reason that AT&T gave me is that they could not verify my identity. This is really annoying and when I tried to call in to verify my identity through a number they gave me, they claimed that they had to review it first and could not provide me with further information. AT&T's customer service is terrible when it comes to phone calls as you might already knew. But these are some solutions and advice for prepaid plan working with iphone X. Hope this would help! 

forget all that and just walk into a apple store or best buy and buy one.  I was in a apple store yesterday and they had plenty of stock.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.