The new iPhone 15
iPhone7Plususer's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 4:30 AM

IPhone 7 Plus dropped calls

My new iPhone 7 Plus drops 4-5 calls a day. My iPhone 6 Plus rarely dropped a call. What is the problem? Is there a fix?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too have had this problem. I recently turned off VOLTE by going into settings/Cellular/Cellular Data Options/Enable LTE/Data Only.

I hoping this fixes it for me. How can you tell which hardware is on your phone?

P.S. How is this solved???

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

To solve this problem, get a new iPhone 7+.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

That is not the fix as Apple will only replace your phone with the exact same model that uses the exact same antenna. I'm waiting to see if they make an exception to this policy since all the same models have the same antennas.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What do you mean by "exception to policy"? Thank you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Meaning their policy is to only replace the phone with the exact same model, that same exact model that has the same intel antenna that is causing this problem everyone is experiencing. Just replacing the phone itself is not going to correct the problem if they're giving you the same phone with the same hardware that is malfunctioning.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Meaning their policy is to only replace the phone with the exact same model, that same exact model that has the same intel antenna that is causing this problem everyone is experiencing. Just replacing the phone itself is not going to correct the problem if they're giving you the same phone with the same hardware that is malfunctioning.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My new (2 month old) iPhone 7 is dropping calls. I've already been to the Apple Store (even though I had an appt, I still waited more than half an hour). He ran diagnostics on the phone, said all systems were OK. Did a few programming things and gave me a SIM card. He said if the phone was still acting up, then to take it to the AT&T store where they could install the new SIM card. I'll do that this week-end.
But it has been very demoralizing to read comments about Apple still selling inferior 7s more than a year after the problem was aired. The AT&T sales rep who sold us our phones didn't warn us about possible connectivity problems.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

ATT customer since 1996 ...I had an IPhone 6 with no issues. I received an IPhone 7 in August 2017 and its been a nightmare. Totally dropped calls and dropped conversations (where they cant hear me or I cant hear them, this is both using speaker and talking on phone or even in my truck via bluetooth), Taken it to ATT in September 2017 and they referred me to Apple Genius. I've had the phone switched out, reset factory settings, new sim card twice..on my many trips, yesterday had my 6th visit to Apple store, reset it again. Today I'm back to dropped conversations (actually one while i was speaking to an ATT rep about adding another line for my Ipad)..

Its hopeless. I'm waiting for contract to run its course and taking all 4 of my lines to another carrier and using androids .....

ADVICE TO OTHERS DITCH ATT AND APPLE 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It's not just AT&T, I have Verizon and am experiencing the same problems. It's an Apple issue who is supposed to be working on resolving this issue but who knows when that will be. I've replaced the SIM card twice and had 2 separate phones with same issue. 

Verizon told me that I can keep replacing the phone with their insurance, just to get the same model or I can upgrade my phone which will cost me $90 upfront and $30 an additional each month to pay off the phone. Seems stupid for us to get punished and having to spend money on something defective because Apple refuses to acknowledge their mess up. 

Truthfully, I'm at a stand still on what to do. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.