For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
pmedina1956's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, January 3rd, 2011 12:38 AM

IPhone 4 symbols

IPhone 4 symbols.  I wish they would have manuals for these..lol.  My hubby has a symbol by his battery symbol it is like a circle with a lock in in.  Any ideas as how to take that off?  Also his phone vibrates...but the other sound notifications don't work.  Speakers still work..settings seem ok...I just don't knoe how to get his ringtones to work again.  Mine vibrates & rings...that is the way I want his too.  Thank you !!!

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

There is an official manual and it's a good place to start as about all the features are listed there (see page 17 and page 31; Portrait Orientation lock ... Page 194 for the sounds, ringers, vibrate features):

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPhone_iOS4_User_Guide.pdf

Here is the finger tips and quick start guide:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPhone_4_Finger_Tips.pdf 

There is also a lot of information on the support page:

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

That circle with a lock in it prevents the screen from rotating. If you double tap the home button and then swipe the row on the buttom to the right, then tap that same symbol which is all the way on the left.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you both so much!!  Got the ' screen from rotating' solved.  now I just need to solve the sound issue.  I tried to go to itunes & you can't even hear the tunes play. 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@pmedina1956 wrote:

Thank you both so much!!  Got the ' screen from rotating' solved.  now I just need to solve the sound issue.  I tried to go to itunes & you can't even hear the tunes play. 

Check the volume switch on your husband's phone to see if it is set to silent/vibrate.  Look on the left side of the phone if you are facing it.  There is a switch; if you see an orange indicator, the phone is set to silent.  Flip the switch to turn the sound back on.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

I have tried everything...the ringtones aren't working...i tunes..you just can't hear any sounds..other than vibrate.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you! I tried that too hon..the switch is on correctly.

Scholar

• 

303 Messages

13 years ago

@pmedina1956 wrote:

I wish they would have manuals for these.

Every iPhone has the manual right in Safari.

Just go to the root of Safari's bookmarks and there is the manual in easy to access categories.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you, I had forgotton about safari.  I remember that now.  I looked all thru the manual..couldn't solve volume prob.  Smiley Sad

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@pmedina1956 wrote:

now I just need to solve the sound issue.  I tried to go to itunes & you can't even hear the tunes play. 

If you plug in headphones, do you hear volume then?

Do you perhaps have a bluetooth headset connected?  When wired or wireless headphones are connected, the majority of the audio is piped to the headphones.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

I don't have the headphones plugged in....but you are right,,when I plug the headphones in I hear the volume.  I can call the phone and hear it ring with the headphones on.  So how do I turn off the headphones?  Thank you so much! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.