The new iPhone 15
berry143's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 24th, 2017 11:30 PM

IMEI provided is not an AT&T IMEI

I have recently purchased AT&T Prepaid No-contract phone. Please find below the details.

Phone Model: Z835PAYGO

Name:; ZTE MAVEN 3

Manufacturer: ZTE

Software Version: Z835V1.0.0B13

Android Version: 7.1.1

I am not a AT&T customer. When I submitted a device unlock request for this phone with correct IMEI number printed on the phone box, I received an email from AT&T.

The email says Your IMEI number & device don't match

Make sure you have the correct IMEI:

Find an IMEI on Apple devices

• Go to your Device settings; select General, and then choose About to find your IMEI.

Find an IMEI on Android devices

• Go to the Settings app, and then select Status to find your IMEI.

Any mobile phone

• Dial *#06# to make sure you have the right IMEI.

Note: IMEI provided is not an AT&T IMEI

Even though I provided the correct IMEI, I got above response. Please help me to fix this issue and unlock the device.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

You must activate this phone on AT&T before it will ever be recognized for unlock and you must have 6 months of paid service before it's eligible.

Prepaid phones require 6 months of paid service before unlock.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

6 years ago

The IMEI is not known because it was never used on the AT&T network. Gophones are sold at a reduced price and MUST be used on the AT&T network for 6 continuous months before they will be unlocked. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

But the phone says no contract phone. So do I still need to have AT&T service for 6 months?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

6 years ago

because it is an AT&T phone. If you weren't going to use it on the AT&T network, why buy an AT&T phone? It is a no contract phone but that doesn't qualify for unlocking. Only FULL RETAIL PRICE phones are eligible for unlocking and gophones are not sold at full retail.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@David606 And @kdfederer are correct.  All prepaid carriers sell their phones at a discount and require minimum service before it can be unlocked for another carrier.  The agreement with the FCC is all prepaid phones will be unlockable after no more than 12 months after activation with continuous use.  ATT only requires 6 months.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

will using the phone on ATT MVNO operator qualify towards service?, e.g., I am using the ATT phone on cricket wireless, after using it on cricket for 6 months, can I request to unlock or is it absolutely necessary to use on ATT network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.