Helpful Links

I want to upgrade to the new I-Phone 5 when it is available next month.

I want to upgrade to the new I-Phone 5 when it is available next month.

When I opened a new AT&T account with DSL internet service, I recently added wireless service with a family plan and opted for the new I-Phone 4S (two phones). The new I-Phones were free, just had to pay for shipping of these phones. Can I upgrade to the new I-Phone 5 when it becomes available and what will happen to our existing contract with the I-Phone 4S? Thank You.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 14
Former Employee

Re: I want to upgrade to the new I-Phone 5 when it is available next month.

lol, sorry... You didn't pay for shipping, you paid for phones at standard 2 year contract price. You sure did confuse some people hereSmiley Wink No way to tell for sure right now, because there is many factors that affect price, but with the information I have it sounds like you will be able to buy a new iPhone for about $450 + $36 upgrade fee and renewed 2 year contract. But only authorized AT&T rep can tell you for sure, so give them a call or stop by the store and ask. Good luck.

Message 11 of 14
Professor

drumn_bass wrote:

lol, sorry... You didn't pay for shipping, you paid for phones at standard 2 year contract price. You sure did confuse some people hereSmiley Wink No way to tell for sure right now, because there is many factors that affect price, but with the information I have it sounds like you will be able to buy a new iPhone for about $450 + $36 upgrade fee and renewed 2 year contract. But only authorized AT&T rep can tell you for sure, so give them a call or stop by the store and ask. Good luck.

They'd offer a reduced discount only 8 months into a contract? I'd expect it to be longer than that.

Message 12 of 14
Professor

I think the early upgrade eligibility usually comes at 6 months into a contract.
Tags (1)
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Professor

dwill05 wrote:
I think the early upgrade eligibility usually comes at 6 months into a contract.

Ok. You learn something new every day.

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support