The new iPhone 15
31chevymike's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, August 26th, 2012 10:07 PM

I want to upgrade to the new I-Phone 5 when it is available next month.

When I opened a new AT&T account with DSL internet service, I recently added wireless service with a family plan and opted for the new I-Phone 4S (two phones). The new I-Phones were free, just had to pay for shipping of these phones. Can I upgrade to the new I-Phone 5 when it becomes available and what will happen to our existing contract with the I-Phone 4S? Thank You.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

12 years ago

I think the early upgrade eligibility usually comes at 6 months into a contract.

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:
I think the early upgrade eligibility usually comes at 6 months into a contract.

Ok. You learn something new every day.

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

12 years ago

AT&T is giving out the latest model iPhone 4S for free?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I received the two I-Phone 4s's last May or so when I added wireless service. So if I'm only offered a specific discounted rate for the upgrade, I'll sell both of my I-phones on Ebay to offset the cost of the I-Phone 5. I'm just wondering what will be the discounted rate will be...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

CORRECTION! I found an e-mail welcoming me with my I-Phone 4S on January 26 of this year. Why I thought it was May is beyond me... Appreciate your replies greatly!

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@31chevymike wrote:
CORRECTION! I found an e-mail welcoming me with my I-Phone 4S on January 26 of this year. Why I thought it was May is beyond me... Appreciate your replies greatly!

You are still going to be out of luck!  Go to the My Account in the organge bar above and log-in or create an online account.  From there you can check you upgrade eligibility and it will give you your dates.

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

12 years ago

jan 26 of this year. might end paying full price?

so AT&T gave you two free  Iphone 4S for siging up for wireless service?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Standard upgrade are usually given within 18-20 mnths of active service. If you upgrade before you are elgible then the device may be at full retail pricing. Att does run offers at time.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, we just had to pay $200 for each phone for shipping. Overall, $200 for each phone when it retails for $700 is still a very good deal we think!

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

@drumn_bass wrote:

lol, sorry... You didn't pay for shipping, you paid for phones at standard 2 year contract price. You sure did confuse some people here;) No way to tell for sure right now, because there is many factors that affect price, but with the information I have it sounds like you will be able to buy a new iPhone for about $450 + $36 upgrade fee and renewed 2 year contract. But only authorized AT&T rep can tell you for sure, so give them a call or stop by the store and ask. Good luck.

They'd offer a reduced discount only 8 months into a contract? I'd expect it to be longer than that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.