The new iPhone 15
KoujiT's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 11th, 2019 2:37 AM

I can't do unlock iphone xs with no reason

I just bought a second hand iphone xs from ebay. Before deciding order I used many IMEI checking services to ensure device is not iCloud locked or blacklisted.

All checking services returned same results "CLEAN". I also use special checking service to ensure this phone is not financed or in contract.

But there are 2 problems bellow when I request an unlock via both AT&T website or an Unlocking service.

1. I use AT&T unlock portal to request unlock but confirmation mail never come despite of changing many browsers (IE, Chrome, FireFox or even Sarafi) and many email address (yahoo mail, gmail, company business mail, yahoo japan mail)

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/unlockstep1

When I input IMEI number in above link it still recognize my device correctly and I passed through 3 steps with no issue and no error.

I research many similar issues in this forum and tried with different solutions solved their problems but no luck.

2. I was disappointed after many tries and find a premium unlocking service to hope that they can unlock my iphone but after 9 business day waited, the unlock process failed with reason "Denied (Non AT&T IMEI)" .

I'm sure that my iphone is locked with AT&T.

So I wonder where can I find the answer for my problem ?

I post my problem here and hope that anyone in this forum can help or instruct me to resolve the problem with my device -_-.

P/s: I live in Japan but I'm going on business trip in Vietnam now

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@KoujiT wrote:

Does anyone have the same issue with me ?

I used many checking services to check and they all return the same result "CLEAN". 

How would I know exactly what the problem is ?

There is no reliable way to check if a phone is carrier locked.    You had to rely on the seller giving you correct information/being honest.    Even blacklist can be done after the sale, months after a sale when you can’t dispute it anymore.  It’s up to you to be wary.  

You can request unlock again.   https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

But you should contact the seller and ask them for a fix, or a return/refund.  

If it says it’s not an At&t phone, why do you think it’s locked to At&t?   At&t isn’t the only carrier that locks phones, and not all phones are locked.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I think maybe you can try to restore your iphone using some tools. Factory reset will erase all the data in the device up, let alone the lock screen passcode. Personally, I tried 4 different tools: Siri, iCloud, iTunes, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker

If you don't want to factory reset you iphone, I will recommend Siri, but this method has iOS version limitation.

Actually, iTunes and iCloud are two methods offered by Apple official. But your phone is second-hand, so I guess that you don't know the lock screen password, as well as the Apple ID and password used in this advice.

Joyoshare is an unlocker software which can help you factory reset iphone in 3 steps: connect iphone, download and verify firmware package, remove lock screen. If you want to see more details, you can refer to "how to reset your iphone when locked out".

Hope this post can solve you problem 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your answer.

I just want to make clear that my iphone is not iCloud locked or passcode locked. It's a simlock (or network locked).

Before requesting unlock in AT&T portal I did factory reset and restored my iphone using my iCloud info.

Now it's locked with AT&T network and I can't use SIM CARD here.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Does anyone have the same issue with me ?

I used many checking services to check and they all return the same result "CLEAN". 

How would I know exactly what the problem is ?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Finally I could contact the seller and asked the seller request AT&T to unlock my phone. My phone was unlocked like a charm yesterday ^^. 
This is a trustworthy & responsible seller and I also expect everyone to confirm with the seller carefully before buying.
Actually, I tried a few unlocked services but they all didn't help. (I am currently suspended over $100 for 1 unlocking service and I think there will be no refund)
I would like to close the topic here and thank everyone for the answer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.