For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
cindylou23's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 5th, 2016 11:12 PM

I am getting blank text messages on my iPhone 6 with no name or number in text message screen.

I have been seeing blank text messages on my iPhone 6. I never get a tone that I received a text, they just appear at the bottom of my other texts with no person or phone number.  I have deleted them, closed out all open apps, rebooted the phone and they are gone, but randomly, they show up again.

One says "Unknown" and another one is completely blank. When I open either of them there is no message. When I go to details, it is blank. It has the options to 'Share My Location', and in red, 'Stop Sharing My Location'.  I click on stop sharing my location, but it doesn't change.  In settings, I have all location sharing off except for find my iPhone.

Is this a bug?  How can I get rid of these popping up?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @cindylou23 Welcome to the Forums!

Do you have iMessage enabled? Maybe try disabling it temporarily to see if the issue reoccurs. If not and it looks like it's caused by iMessage you might want to try contacting Apple for support.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hi @ATTDmitriyCMDmitriy.  I do have iMessage enabled.  I will try that.  Thank you. 😄

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi. I'm having the exact same issue. Did disabling iMessage work? I've been to the Apple Store three times and talked to them via chat. No answers. My husbands phone did the same and eventually his phone started flickering white lines at the top and became unresponsive for hours on end. Got a new phone for him via insurance and after putting his Apple ID in, same thing happened.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

New subject...
Lost cell phone signal at Hotchkiss, WV. Mostly. No Svc reading when driving from here to Beckley. Just happened this week.

Rich
Thanks ahead of time.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

For whatever reason, going to messages and changing from "keep forever" to "keep for 30 days" gets rid of these messages. My local store told me it works and sure enough, they're gone!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

HI @melodyfromindy I apologize. I did not log in for quite awhile and just now saw your message. Disabling and re-enabling iMessage did not work. The solution from @Mdouce44 to set messages to keep for 30 days instead of forever worked.  Smiley Very Happy    

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you, very mudh @@Mdouce44 !

That worked!  Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

The 30 day trick didn't work on my iphone 6s

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

i am also experiencing this problem, but my messages never technically say they "deliver" and are just loading/sending but they do get sent without my knowledge and every time i exit out of the app all of my messages delete. please help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I get the same thing but mine have someone from my contacts but message is. Blank I have android samsung phone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.