The new iPhone 15
cnknsd's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 27th, 2011 12:46 AM

How to set up Win 7 for iPhone hotspot using USB

Using the wireless connection is easy, but I cannot figure out how to use the USB, (so my phone can recharge too) to use the Personal Hotspot.

Does anyone know where to find or how to setup the connection in windows 7 to use the USB connection?  It seems rediculously hard... I have been able to find TONS about how to setup a mac with the USB connection but now Windows 7.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

It should be very simple.

Make sure iTunes is installed on the windows 7 machine, otherwise there won't be drivers for the iPhone USB connection.

Then, turn on hotspot on the iPhone

Then, plug in the USB cable

Windows 7 should set up a new network connection automatically.

You MUST install iTunes to get USB tethering to work on Win7. You don't have to use it or run it, but you have to install it.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Check out this article.  I skimmed it but seams to provide an overview.... http://www.macworld.com/article/158556/2011/03/personal_hotspot_att.html

Here is the article on Apples site.  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4517

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the reply, However neither of those web pages provides assistance on how to set up the USB connection in windows 7. And the issue is that there is no info out there. Does anyone else have any ideas or some instruction on how to use the USB to connect to the wireless hotspot in windows 7?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Well, Thank you again...I was not able to figure it out, and finally I reimaged my laptop and now it seems to be working...Musta had something wonky with Itunes...

I knew that it was easy, just couldn't figure it out.

Thank you to everyone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Classic!

I had to use Xubuntu to download iTunes for windows 7 to get my desktop working.  advise: use linux to get the download when you don't have internet connection.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.