For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
JoeNap's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 12:51 PM

How to add name/address security on cell pohnes

How can one avoid having your name/address listed on reverse call search through one of the many databases?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @JoeNap 

I'm not sure if what you're asking can be done, but you can select not to show your caller ID for additional privacy. It's under Settings - Phone - Show My Caller ID

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

Many of the current smartphones have a setting you can enable/disable as to whether to send CallerID information when you make calls. This is about the closest I can think of to what you seem to be wanting. Just disable the sending of CallerID information when you make phone calls.

Do keep in mind that many people will not answer calls when the CallerID information is blocked. Most people blocking CallerID tend to be marketing people who are performing questionable actions, and they don't want you to easily know who they are to report them to the authorities.

You could always get a pay-as-you-go device and use it for a short time, then move on. This is often referred to as a "burner" where you use the cell phone until you think it's compromised and then you toss it and get a new one.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.