For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
rodetrip's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 8:52 PM

How much are you paying for your service?

Gold 32gb iphone 5s

450min talk
mobile to mobile texting
3gb data

15% student discount towards the talk
10% discount towards the bill

i pay about $74 a month 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@rodetrip wrote:
Gold 32gb iphone 5s

450min talk
mobile to mobile texting
3gb data

15% student discount towards the talk
10% discount towards the bill

i pay about $74 a month 🙂

Do you need 3Gb of data? You could get unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data on mobile share for $65 before applying and discounts. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

i actually got switched to that plan last week. but the day after, i decided to get switch back to the plan i have right now. id rather had more data than unlimited talk. im rarely talking on the phone, and i use more data. and actually when they switch me to that plan, it was exactly the same price as the one i have now 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@rodetrip wrote:
i actually got switched to that plan last week. but the day after, i decided to get switch back to the plan i have right now. id rather had more data than unlimited talk. im rarely talking on the phone, and i use more data. and actually when they switch me to that plan, it was exactly the same price as the one i have now 🙂

The $65 price was just announced this week, so whatever they switched you to last week was the old price. That is probably why it ended being the same price as what you pay now. I can understand wanting to stay with the 3GB plan if you actually use that much data each month, but if you don't, you really should reconsider the new lower priced mobile share. With your discount, I expect you save at least $15/month, maybe more. You of course would not be limited to 2GB and on those months you do go over, you would just buy another GB. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

hmm ur right. when they switched me to that plan it was $75 before taxes and discounts... maybe i will give them a call and ask around. i barely use 1gb a month, mostly on wifi all the time 🙂

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

10 years ago

Unlimited LTE smartphone data plan

450 with rollover NW voice plan

$10 unlimited messaging plan

24% FAN discount

After taxes and my discount I usually end up paying about $75/month.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

We had 2 accounts:

Account 1:

550 Min

Unl Text

Unl LTE Data

22% FAN discount

Bill was right at $95/month

Account 2:

450 Min

Unl Text

Unl LTE Data

22% FAN discount

Bill was right at $85/month

Switched to new Mobile Share:

Unl Min

Unl Text

10GB LTE Data

22% FAN discount

Bill should come to $125-135/month (depending upon Taxes & fees)

Yes, we now pay for any more than 10GB data we use in a month, but we don't get throttled, and we can use the mobile hotspot feature, unlike the old "unlimited" data plans, but we also pay about $50/month less (and have never used more than 7GB in single month so far).

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

3 iPhone 5S' (with insurances) + 1 iPad Air

Mobile Share 20GB plan
20% FAN discount

Bill is about $176/month

Guru

• 

785 Messages

10 years ago

3 iPhone 5S's and 3 iPhone 5's = 6 lines total Mobile Share Value Plans: Unlimited talk & Text 10 GB data after discount I pay $173 per month

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

I went from paying ~$135/month for 3 lines on Family 550 plan, 1 unlimited and 2 2 GB data, 1 1000 text message plan...to ~$142/monh for 4 lines on MSV 10 GB plan--both prices include 25% FAN.  Not a bad deal IMHO since under the old Family plan I would have had to pay an extra $10 for that fourth line, plus another $25 (minus FAN) on top of that for the data plan on that line.  Oh yeah, did I mention that since I was on a Family 550 plan, I'd have to upgrade to a higher-cost Family plan since the 550 plan only allows for a maximum of 3 lines...if I elected not to upgrade to MSV?

So heck yeah, only having to pay only a net extra ~$7/month for a fourth smartphone line with data is a helluva deal IMHO!

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

10 years ago

I have 32gb iPhone 5, 450 minutes talk, unlimited text, 5gb data. Had 3gb data, but I watch youtube videos, almost max out data, so upgraded to 5 gb. I pay $100+ sometimes, pay at kiosk at AT&T Corperate store.Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.