How much are you paying for your service?

Tutor

How much are you paying for your service?

Gold 32gb iphone 5s

450min talk
mobile to mobile texting
3gb data

15% student discount towards the talk
10% discount towards the bill

i pay about $74 a month Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 24 (2,359 Views)
Teacher

Re: How much are you paying for your service?

iPhone 5s, Samsung S4, iPad Air (NEXT)
2GB Mobile Share plan after discount $156 less 23% Discount
Message 16 of 24 (1,748 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: How much are you paying for your service?


Jwil736 wrote:
iPhone 5s, Samsung S4, iPad Air (NEXT)
2GB Mobile Share plan after discount $156 less 23% Discount

This may sound funny, but check into the numbers.  It may be cheaper for you to  move up to the 10GB Shared plan.  The 10GBshared plan would be $140 before discounts & NEXT fees for your iPad Air.  I pay $117 for 2 iPhones on a 10GB Mobile Share plan which gets a 22% discount, so  it would only be about $10-15 more to add an iPad Air to my plan.  You would still have to add your iPad Air NEXT monthly charges, but it's unclear if your $156 includes that or not.  If not, then the 10GB plan should save you money, and depending upon the monthly charges for the iPad Air on NEXT, it may still save you some money...


Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 24 (1,722 Views)
Guru

Re: How much are you paying for your service?

[ Edited ]

Two iPhones.

 

$100 for 10GB Mobile Share Value Plan

$15 iPhone

$15 iPhone

$130 Total.

23% Corporate FAN Discount.

$112 after taxes/fees

 

I'm off contract (phones are paid.)  When upgrading I'll change to one of the following.  (Below prices are before FAN discount, taxes, or fees)

 

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)  It's not cost eveffective to buy phones or use Next and have a plan under 10GB, you save almost nothing unless you drop to 2GB in which case it would be $144/month.  4GB is $174, and both 6GB and 10GB would be $184.

or

Drop to 4GB, or 6GB and upgrade on-contract ($166, $176 /month when averaging two $200 phone upgrades over 24 months.)

 

It all depends on our data needs when the time comes.

Message 18 of 24 (1,705 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: How much are you paying for your service?


thively wrote:

...

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)

...


Just a word of caution.  The NEXT program comes in 2 variants. NEXT 12 and NEXT 18.  If you select NEXT 12, you pay the off-contract price for the phone, but it is divided over 20 months.  You can "Upgrade" (turn in your good condition & working phone for a new one with a new 20 month payment plan) after 12 months, and if you go the full 20 months, you get to keep the old phone and can get a new one.  The NEXT 18 program works the same way, except that the upgrade eligiblility starts at 18 months, and you own the phone after 26 months.  Note that neither option is based on 24 months, just 20 or 26...


Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 24 (1,681 Views)
Scholar

Re: How much are you paying for your service?


thively wrote:

Two iPhones.

 

$100 for 10GB Mobile Share Value Plan

$15 iPhone

$15 iPhone

$130 Total.

23% Corporate FAN Discount.

$112 after taxes/fees

 

I'm off contract (phones are paid.)  When upgrading I'll change to one of the following.  (Below prices are before FAN discount, taxes, or fees)

 

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)  It's not cost eveffective to buy phones or use Next and have a plan under 10GB, you save almost nothing unless you drop to 2GB in which case it would be $144/month.  4GB is $174, and both 6GB and 10GB would be $184.

or

Drop to 4GB, or 6GB and upgrade on-contract ($166, $176 /month when averaging two $200 phone upgrades over 24 months.)

 

It all depends on our data needs when the time comes.


10 GB MSV does seem to be the sweet spot when it comes to figuring out which MSV plan gives you the best bang for the buck--especially if you need more than two lines.

Message 20 of 24 (1,583 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: How much are you paying for your service?


GeekBoy wrote:

thively wrote:

...

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)

...


Just a word of caution.  The NEXT program comes in 2 variants. NEXT 12 and NEXT 18.  If you select NEXT 12, you pay the off-contract price for the phone, but it is divided over 20 months.  You can "Upgrade" (turn in your good condition & working phone for a new one with a new 20 month payment plan) after 12 months, and if you go the full 20 months, you get to keep the old phone and can get a new one.  The NEXT 18 program works the same way, except that the upgrade eligiblility starts at 18 months, and you own the phone after 26 months.  Note that neither option is based on 24 months, just 20 or 26...


The other thing to keep in mind if opting for NEXT is that if you're one of those folks who like to or plan to upgrade frequently...the NEXT 12 is the better way to go cost-wise, assuming of course you upgrade at or shortly after the 12-month mark.

Message 21 of 24 (1,581 Views)
Scholar

Re: How much are you paying for your service?

Lg nexus 5

Shared data plan with 1gb data

I pay 43.75 after my 25 percent discount.
Message 22 of 24 (1,326 Views)
Teacher

Re: How much are you paying for your service?

Gold 5S 32gb
Blue 5c 16gb
Black 4s 8gb
White Note 3 32gb
Unlimited talk and text
10gb data
15% employer discount
$165/month
Message 23 of 24 (1,256 Views)
Explorer

Re: How much are you paying for your service?

2 Black 5s 64gb

unlimited talk/text

10gb data

$130/month (before 13% employer discount)

 

previously had 1400 min/unlimited text and data -  no hotspot and throttling at certain data usage levels -- ranged around $170 - $180/month before employer discount.

Message 24 of 24 (1,148 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.