For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
rodetrip's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 8:52 PM

How much are you paying for your service?

Gold 32gb iphone 5s

450min talk
mobile to mobile texting
3gb data

15% student discount towards the talk
10% discount towards the bill

i pay about $74 a month 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

4 individual GoPhone "family" plans:

(1) iPhone 3GS, (2) 4's, (1) 4S
Unlimited Text, 250 minutes
$25 per month, per line. 🙂

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

10 years ago

Depending on how much I roam, but my base is about $375 per month for a 10GB MobileShare with three phones, three iPads, and a MiFi (all off contract), and an individual line with 650 minutes, unlimited messaging, and unlimited roaming data.

Just last week I removed my unlimited messaging since I basically don't use it.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

I just got my first full bill under the new Mobile Share Value Plan. After Discounts, Taxes, fees, etc. my total due to AT&T is $120 for 2 iPhones on a 10GB share plan. Prior to this change, it was closer to $180 for 2 separate iPhone accounts with unlimited data & texts, but 450 and 550 minutes respectively. Merging the two accounts together brought the bill down to $150 before discounts, taxes, fees, etc. (so net was about $140 after applying all of those).

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

10 years ago

i pay to much but i have 4 phones on my account its over 200$ a month.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

iPhone 5s, Samsung S4, iPad Air (NEXT)
2GB Mobile Share plan after discount $156 less 23% Discount

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Jwil736 wrote:
iPhone 5s, Samsung S4, iPad Air (NEXT)
2GB Mobile Share plan after discount $156 less 23% Discount

This may sound funny, but check into the numbers.  It may be cheaper for you to  move up to the 10GB Shared plan.  The 10GBshared plan would be $140 before discounts & NEXT fees for your iPad Air.  I pay $117 for 2 iPhones on a 10GB Mobile Share plan which gets a 22% discount, so  it would only be about $10-15 more to add an iPad Air to my plan.  You would still have to add your iPad Air NEXT monthly charges, but it's unclear if your $156 includes that or not.  If not, then the 10GB plan should save you money, and depending upon the monthly charges for the iPad Air on NEXT, it may still save you some money...

Guru

• 

311 Messages

10 years ago

Two iPhones.

$100 for 10GB Mobile Share Value Plan

$15 iPhone

$15 iPhone

$130 Total.

23% Corporate FAN Discount.

$112 after taxes/fees

I'm off contract (phones are paid.)  When upgrading I'll change to one of the following.  (Below prices are before FAN discount, taxes, or fees)

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)  It's not cost eveffective to buy phones or use Next and have a plan under 10GB, you save almost nothing unless you drop to 2GB in which case it would be $144/month.  4GB is $174, and both 6GB and 10GB would be $184.

or

Drop to 4GB, or 6GB and upgrade on-contract ($166, $176 /month when averaging two $200 phone upgrades over 24 months.)

It all depends on our data needs when the time comes.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@thively wrote:

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)

Just a word of caution.  The NEXT program comes in 2 variants. NEXT 12 and NEXT 18.  If you select NEXT 12, you pay the off-contract price for the phone, but it is divided over 20 months.  You can "Upgrade" (turn in your good condition & working phone for a new one with a new 20 month payment plan) after 12 months, and if you go the full 20 months, you get to keep the old phone and can get a new one.  The NEXT 18 program works the same way, except that the upgrade eligiblility starts at 18 months, and you own the phone after 26 months.  Note that neither option is based on 24 months, just 20 or 26...

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

@thively wrote:

Two iPhones.

$100 for 10GB Mobile Share Value Plan

$15 iPhone

$15 iPhone

$130 Total.

23% Corporate FAN Discount.

$112 after taxes/fees

I'm off contract (phones are paid.)  When upgrading I'll change to one of the following.  (Below prices are before FAN discount, taxes, or fees)

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)  It's not cost eveffective to buy phones or use Next and have a plan under 10GB, you save almost nothing unless you drop to 2GB in which case it would be $144/month.  4GB is $174, and both 6GB and 10GB would be $184.

or

Drop to 4GB, or 6GB and upgrade on-contract ($166, $176 /month when averaging two $200 phone upgrades over 24 months.)

It all depends on our data needs when the time comes.

10 GB MSV does seem to be the sweet spot when it comes to figuring out which MSV plan gives you the best bang for the buck--especially if you need more than two lines.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

@GeekBoy wrote:

@thively wrote:

Stay on 10GB and upgrade with Next or pay for phones ($184/month average over 24 months.)

Just a word of caution.  The NEXT program comes in 2 variants. NEXT 12 and NEXT 18.  If you select NEXT 12, you pay the off-contract price for the phone, but it is divided over 20 months.  You can "Upgrade" (turn in your good condition & working phone for a new one with a new 20 month payment plan) after 12 months, and if you go the full 20 months, you get to keep the old phone and can get a new one.  The NEXT 18 program works the same way, except that the upgrade eligiblility starts at 18 months, and you own the phone after 26 months.  Note that neither option is based on 24 months, just 20 or 26...

The other thing to keep in mind if opting for NEXT is that if you're one of those folks who like to or plan to upgrade frequently...the NEXT 12 is the better way to go cost-wise, assuming of course you upgrade at or shortly after the 12-month mark.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.