For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
RaZy_Bandana's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 5:55 AM

How in the world do i activate this phone

Ok, so I got this iPhone 3G and I want to activate it, and I literally cannot, When I go to Settings > Phone > My Number it says, "Unknown",

When I try to activate it with a $10 AT&T Prepaid(GoPhone) card I get an error, "Error performing request No Network Service"

In Settings > General > About > Network, I get, "SIM not provisioned."

At The Top left of the screen it says, "No Service"

Yes, I have a AT&T Sim card installed

Can someone Please Help Me with this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

Well now we’re going in circles.

Gophone and prepaid are the same thing, just renamed.   Unless the sim has been used before and deactivated, which means it cannot be used again, then I’m assuming it’s new, never used.  

The card is how you pay for a pay per use plan, it is not a plan all by itself.  You have to activate the sim, select a plan, your number is assigned, and at the end you can select a pay as you go.  You may be forced to initially select a smartphone plan, don’t worry about it, you can change before you pay.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

For the AT&T PREPAID Activation it wants me to activate a Plan, but I have a card that I want to use.

For the AT&T wireless device Activation it wants me to enter a phone number for the phone, but it says Unknown in Settings > Phone > My Number

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@RaZy_Bandana

If you already have an active SIM card, you do neither.  Just install the SIM card and set up your phone.

I suspect if that doesn’t work, your SIM card is the wrong one for your phone.  Was it in a basic or LTE phone?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Neither, I think I bought it at AT&T store, do i need a AT&T prepaid SIM card?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Okay, thanks man

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

I prefer chica, honey and definitely baby and cutie.  Around the house I answer to mom.  

I hope this fixes your issue so you can use the phone.  Quite the antique.  We don’t see many folks with phones that old. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

My main phone is an iPhone 8 I just bought this phone and wanted to activate it as a second phone haha, thanks for the help though

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

It’s so old I’m inclined to make Ma Bell jokes.   I don’t think you can activate without iTunes as it’s before cloud services.    Hopefully you have a sim compatible with it.  If it gets dull, maybe we can dig up a bag phone, or pay phone for ya.  😆

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.