The new iPhone 15
minionmommy123's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 7th, 2018 3:40 AM

How do I use a sprint phone on an AT&T network?

My friend is giving me her old iPhone 7+ that is carried by sprint. I am planning on using the SIM card from my iPhone 6 to put into the 7+. What issues will the difference in carriers cause, and how do I go about switching them without creating a problem?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

A Sprint iPhone 7+ will work fine on ATT as long as it has been unlocked. Just move your SIM card, everything will work the same.

• 

2 Messages

is there any way to make my SPRINT iPhone pro MAX work on AT&T network. I have swapped out the cards and it did not help.

• 

2 Messages

how do you unlock an iPhone 11 Pro Max

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

thank you so much! do you know if I have to notify ATT to let then know I’ve switched my sim card, or will it not matter since my SIM card is the same? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

It won’t matter.  Just make sure it’s unkocked from sprint. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

what do you mean unlocked from sprint

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@minionmommy123  most phones are locked to the original carrier meaning they cannot be used on another carrier until certain requirements are met, when they are met you have to request an unlock code to be able to use the phone on another carrier

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

iPhones don’t have unlock codes but a Sprint iPhone is sold locked. When you put your ATT SIM card in the phone, if it works, it is unlocked. If you get a “sim not supported” message, then it is locked. You or whoever gave you the phone would need to contact Sprint to unlock.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

What if it saying it needs to be activated after you switch the SIM card?

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

3 years ago

Usually it means that you have a new SIM card and it needs to be activated before use.  Was the SIM working in the previous phone?  Also, to clarify, we are talking about the SIM , and not the phone (activation lock), correct?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

ok so I have a prepaid samsung that I took the SIM out of and put it into the iphone 7 but when I put the SIM in the phone said it need to me activated

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.