wachaney's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 21st, 2012 8:13 PM

Closed

How do I see my data usage?

Help!

Wife and I got iPhones w/5GB data packages last week. How can we monitor our data usage?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

420 Messages

2 years ago

Hello Community,

We are here to help.  Please visit our Check current usage for data, talk, and text site.  You'll find helpful information on viewing your AT&T wireless data usage online by navigating to the Billing & Usage section in your MyAT&T account.

1. Go to Usage.
  2. Review your current balance info for talk, text, and data use. If you have linked accounts, select My wireless and See all my usage.

Also, dialing *3282# (for Spanish, dial *3286#) from your AT&T wireless phone is a great way to access AT&T star services which is a quick and easy way to check your current usage from your device.

Dial star services from your AT&T wireless phone just like you're making a call. We’ll send a text message with your data and messaging usage.

What's more, to know how much data you're using and to keep your monthly bills predictable we invite you to view Manage your wireless data use. Here, you will find answers to some of the most FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS including "When do I use wireless data?" and "How can I use less data?"

Under Use less data, you will find helpful tips to prevent going over your monthly wireless data allowance which include connecting your devices to a Wi-Fi network. This helps you use less wireless data and if your device can't connect to Wi-Fi, it automatically switches back to cellular data. Did you know? Some apps on your device use wireless data even when connected to a Wi-Fi network. 

Explore our interactive device tutorials on how to:

Give this a try and let us know how this works. We definitely want you to take control of your data so that you're prepared on what to expect with each bill.

We hope this info helps. Thank you for contacting AT&T Community Forums.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

You can also check your data usage online by going to this link and logging in:

View Data Usage Online

Here's a great article that explains more about managing your data usage:

Ways To Manage Your Usage

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

You can download the MyAT&T app and get your data usage from that app as well as make changes to your voice and data plans, pay your bill, manage international features and more.

Click here to learn more.

This page is good, too.

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Learn how to quickly get your usage balance, and understand the steps for viewing the details of your data, talk, and text usage at: Tracking your wireless usage.

You can also get tips to help stay within the usage limits of your rate plan and keep your monthly bill predictable at: Ways to manage your wireless usage.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

Dial *3282# from your phone and you'll get a text message showing your current data and text usage.

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

12 years ago

And if you just got the data package you won't be able to see your usage online until after the next billing cycle. FYI

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

12 years ago

Neat..... I called that number and discovered I have used 88.9MB of data out of unlimited. Where do you guys find all these numbers?

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

@gkamer wrote:

Neat..... I called that number and discovered I have used 88.9MB of data out of unlimited. Where do you guys find all these numbers?

On the phone, go to Settings...Phone...AT&T Services.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.