The new iPhone 15
Leanamarie's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 21st, 2015 2:51 PM

How do I manage storage on my iphone?

hi, so I just got a new phone! & how I got it was I traded in my old phone & got a new one. & the one I got is the iPhone 6. I chose the 16gb. But for some reason every time go to take a photo is says my storage is full. & tells me to go manage it. So then I go into it & it says I only have 12gb of storage. & I really don't know where that comes from. Cause I really need more storage than that. So I ask, what can I do to get more storage on my phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

1.    Is it phone storage or iCloud storage that is full?   If you import photos to a cloud storage or computer and delete from the phone it will make room.

2.    If you need storage, why did you buy an iPhone with the least amount of storage?   If still within 14 days of purchase, you can return, pay the restocking fee and buy a 64 GB model.  If not, sell the phone and put the money toward the 64 GB model.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

12 gb is the amount left after the os.  so basically the os takes up 4gb of storage.  I would say you had some stuff transfer from your old phone you dont need.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.