The new iPhone 15
clvn2007's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 20th, 2011 11:10 PM

How do I change my plan?

Alright....so I have the 2GB Plan (25) + The lowest voice plan (39.99). Alright, that leads my bill to be 65.00. Why does my account say my monthly service charge is 85.00 instead?

Is there ANY other way I can get a cheaper data plan like the 200 mb one? Would that bring my service charge down lower? Also how much would it cost if I were to terminate my contract and would my phone still work?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Easy thing to do would be just read the bill as all charges would be broken out line by line for cost.

Here were are just guessing since we can't access/see your account or bill.

Do you have a messaging plan?  ($20 unlimited messaging per chance)

Were there any overages?

Were there any third party direct bill charges?

http://www.att.com/db/

Was this your first bill and your seeing the the pro-rated few days partial month and first full month on the bill.  Was there an activation fee?

Guess 

Guess

Guess

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes $15/200MB is the cheapest data plan on the iPhone.

For cheaper messaging you can do:

• pay-per-message rate ($0.20 per message sent or received).
  • $10 Messaging 1000 plan.
  • Have a data block added to the line and that will prevent all text messaging and associated cost.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@clvn2007 wrote:

Thanks for the help people, and also you are all sure that ATT will let me downgrade my TXT messaging plans to pay-per-message?

Yes, people change their text messaging plans all the time.  The ONLY thing tied to your contract is your voice service.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

@satchev wrote:

@clvn2007 wrote:

Thanks for the help people, and also you are all sure that ATT will let me downgrade my TXT messaging plans to pay-per-message?

Yes, people change their text messaging plans all the time.  The ONLY thing tied to your contract is your voice service.

Which can also be changed (you can go to different minute rate plans or between individual and family), just not cancelling it while in contract without paying the fee.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Ohhh I forgot about the messaging plan Smiley Happy. This is my second bill also.

But still, what is the absolute cheapest messaging plan avilable? Is there a pay-as-you-go option for it?

I know I'll be paying 39.99 for the voice plan and 15 is the cheapest for 200 mb right?

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

13 years ago

Think there is also a $5/200 txt message plan.

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:

Think there is also a $5/200 txt message plan.

Not anymore.  ATT discontinued that plan so you can't get it anymore.  If you already had it you get to keep it; until you make a change at which point it's gone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

I use TextFree, but there are many other available options for completely free texting on the iPhone. I haven't paid for texts in over a year.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.