Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 20, 2011
4:10:45 PM
View profile
How do I change my plan?

Alright....so I have the 2GB Plan (25) + The lowest voice plan (39.99). Alright, that leads my bill to be 65.00. Why does my account say my monthly service charge is 85.00 instead?

Is there ANY other way I can get a cheaper data plan like the 200 mb one? Would that bring my service charge down lower? Also how much would it cost if I were to terminate my contract and would my phone still work?

Alright....so I have the 2GB Plan (25) + The lowest voice plan (39.99). Alright, that leads my bill to be 65.00. Why does my account say my monthly service charge is 85.00 instead?

Is there ANY other way I can get a cheaper data plan like the 200 mb one? Would that bring my service charge down lower? Also how much would it cost if I were to terminate my contract and would my phone still work?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 21, 2011 3:30:08 PM
(0)
Master

satchev wrote:

clvn2007 wrote:

Thanks for the help people, and also you are all sure that ATT will let me downgrade my TXT messaging plans to pay-per-message?

Yes, people change their text messaging plans all the time.  The ONLY thing tied to your contract is your voice service.

Which can also be changed (you can go to different minute rate plans or between individual and family), just not cancelling it while in contract without paying the fee.

Accepted Solution

How do I change my plan?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 20, 2011 4:31:01 PM
(0)
Master

Easy thing to do would be just read the bill as all charges would be broken out line by line for cost.

Here were are just guessing since we can't access/see your account or bill.

Do you have a messaging plan?  ($20 unlimited messaging per chance)

Were there any overages?

Were there any third party direct bill charges?

http://www.att.com/db/

Was this your first bill and your seeing the the pro-rated few days partial month and first full month on the bill.  Was there an activation fee?

Guess 

Guess

Guess

Easy thing to do would be just read the bill as all charges would be broken out line by line for cost.

Here were are just guessing since we can't access/see your account or bill.

Do you have a messaging plan?  ($20 unlimited messaging per chance)

Were there any overages?

Were there any third party direct bill charges?

http://www.att.com/db/

Was this your first bill and your seeing the the pro-rated few days partial month and first full month on the bill.  Was there an activation fee?

Guess 

Guess

Guess

Re: How do I change my plan?

2 of 10 (6,792 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2011 4:37:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ohhh I forgot about the messaging plan :smileyhappy:. This is my second bill also.

But still, what is the absolute cheapest messaging plan avilable? Is there a pay-as-you-go option for it?

I know I'll be paying 39.99 for the voice plan and 15 is the cheapest for 200 mb right?

Ohhh I forgot about the messaging plan :smileyhappy:. This is my second bill also.

But still, what is the absolute cheapest messaging plan avilable? Is there a pay-as-you-go option for it?

I know I'll be paying 39.99 for the voice plan and 15 is the cheapest for 200 mb right?

3 of 10 (6,783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 20, 2011 5:37:07 PM
(0)
Master

Yes $15/200MB is the cheapest data plan on the iPhone.

For cheaper messaging you can do:

• pay-per-message rate ($0.20 per message sent or received).
  • $10 Messaging 1000 plan.
  • Have a data block added to the line and that will prevent all text messaging and associated cost.

Yes $15/200MB is the cheapest data plan on the iPhone.

For cheaper messaging you can do:

• pay-per-message rate ($0.20 per message sent or received).
  • $10 Messaging 1000 plan.
  • Have a data block added to the line and that will prevent all text messaging and associated cost.

4 of 10 (6,748 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2011 6:00:48 PM
(0)
Professor

Think there is also a $5/200 txt message plan.

5 of 10 (6,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2011 6:17:52 PM
(0)
Master

dwill05 wrote:

Not anymore.  ATT discontinued that plan so you can't get it anymore.  If you already had it you get to keep it; until you make a change at which point it's gone.

dwill05 wrote:

Not anymore.  ATT discontinued that plan so you can't get it anymore.  If you already had it you get to keep it; until you make a change at which point it's gone.

6 of 10 (6,724 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2011 2:03:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the help people, and also you are all sure that ATT will let me downgrade my TXT messaging plans to pay-per-message?

Re: How do I change my plan?m un

7 of 10 (6,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 21, 2011 2:18:17 PM
(0)
Professor

clvn2007 wrote:

Yes, people change their text messaging plans all the time.  The ONLY thing tied to your contract is your voice service.

clvn2007 wrote:

8 of 10 (6,675 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 21, 2011 3:30:08 PM
(0)
Master

satchev wrote:

clvn2007 wrote:

Which can also be changed (you can go to different minute rate plans or between individual and family), just not cancelling it while in contract without paying the fee.

satchev wrote:

clvn2007 wrote:

9 of 10 (6,654 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 12:50:13 PM
(0)
Professor
I use TextFree, but there are many other available options for completely free texting on the iPhone. I haven't paid for texts in over a year.
I use TextFree, but there are many other available options for completely free texting on the iPhone. I haven't paid for texts in over a year.

10 of 10 (6,578 Views)