The new iPhone 15
cno111's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 5:26 AM

How do I change my apple ID on my phone for the iCloud?

My husband and I each have an iPhone 4, on the same plan.  We keep receiving each other's calendar reminders and each of our pictures appear on the other's camera roll.  I am assuming it is because we each have the same apple ID.  I have created a second ID for myself on the apple website - but now I do not know how to change it on my phone.  Can anyone explain the steps to do this for me?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@cno111 wrote:

My husband and I each have an iPhone 4, on the same plan.  We keep receiving each other's calendar reminders and each of our pictures appear on the other's camera roll.  I am assuming it is because we each have the same apple ID.  I have created a second ID for myself on the apple website - but now I do not know how to change it on my phone.  Can anyone explain the steps to do this for me?  Thanks.

found this over at the Apple support forum - looks ike the safest way to do it

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2755157?start=0&tstart=0

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

You can also just turn off iCloud. Remember, with different apple id's, you can no longer share any purchased content from iTunes (apps, music, etc). 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

You can also just turn off iCloud. Remember, with different apple id's, you can no longer share any purchased content from iTunes (apps, music, etc). 

don;t think that will fix the problem with imessage though

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

OP didn't mention a problem with iMessage, at least that I saw, but that can be turned off as well. Also, with changes made in IOS6, it is possible for multiple devices to use the same Apple ID but not share each other's iMessages. Under Settings/Messages/Send & Recieve, you can select what address you can be reached at via iMessage. Just make sure each device using the same Apple ID choses a different address and tell iMessage sender's to only use that address when they send an iMessage.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

OP didn't mention a problem with iMessage, at least that I saw, but that can be turned off as well. Also, with changes made in IOS6, it is possible for multiple devices to use the same Apple ID but not share each other's iMessages. Under Settings/Messages/Send & Recieve, you can select what address you can be reached at via iMessage. Just make sure each device using the same Apple ID choses a different address and tell iMessage sender's to only use that address when they send an iMessage.

they mentioed pictures seperately which indicate MMS and imessage

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

I thought the picture issue was photo stream stream related, another iCloud option that can be turned off. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

I thought the picture issue was photo stream stream related, another iCloud option that can be turned off. 

I went with MMS, automaticly disable any icloud  related function on my phone and and all employees via the business interface for iphones

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

Ummm yes OP did mention pictures...but within the following context, taken from OP's original post in this thread (emphasis and underline are mine):

"and each of our pictures appear on the other's camera roll"

Not sure how you were able to derive that OP's picutre issue had anything to do with MMS and iMessage, given that OP explicitly mentioned "camera roll" in regards to her and her husband's picture issue.  Yes, MMS and iMessage can access the Camera Roll, but given that OP addressed an issue specifically and only in regards to the Camera Roll, iMessage and MMS are irrelevant to the OP's issue.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

I went with MMS, automaticly disable any icloud  related function on my phone and and all employees via the business interface for iphones

That you disable iCloud-related functions on your employees' phones needed to be mentioned in this thread why?  Were you planning on disabling iCloud on OP's phone in order to resolve OP's issue as well? Smiley Wink

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jane697 wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

That you disable iCloud-related functions on your employees' phones needed to be mentioned in this thread why?  Were you planning on disabling iCloud on OP's phone in order to resolve OP's issue as well? Smiley Wink

My company, my rules and regulations.  No personal use of corporate supplied phone, no unauthorized apps installed, zero tolerence on the rules.  Taking responses out of context are we?  It was a reponses to the comment that was qouted - specificly the words "I thought the picture issue was photo stream stream related" the OP went with Imessage and Icloud, and my response was indicated that unlike them I went with MMS, and used the rest of the comment to indicate that Icloud and it's functionality, like the home grown navigation app left a lot to be desired, it should still be in alpha testing.

Not sure why you assumed that I was planning on disabling it on the OP's phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.