The new iPhone 15
rktoon's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 24th, 2012 8:43 PM

How do I activate my iPhone 5

I purchased my iPhone 5 from the apple website using my AT&T upgrade. The phone will be here on Wednesday and I am needing to know how I activate my phone with AT&T.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

12 years ago

I ordered from Apple as an upgrade and didn't have to call anyone. I just turned on the phone as it comes out of the box and it steps thought the activation. Logged onto my wifi, it asked me to verify my phone number and asked if I wanted to activate over wifi. I said yes, accepted the TOC that popped up on the screen, and in less than a minute, AT&T appeared on the top line of the phone and my old phone showed no service. I didn't plug into iTunes until after the phone was activated. I didn't have to go to any website either.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

You call AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I was told that if you were an existing AT&T customer that you didn't have to call, but there was some activation form on AT&T website that you can fill out. Just have not been able to find that website. Any ideas??

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you dwill05 for the help. Sounds pretty easy to me. Can't wait to get it!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just wondering if it asks to you insert a SIM card when you try to activate it.

Mine said insert a SIM card, but I dont have one available...

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@csqwherever wrote:

was under the impression if you got it from Apple or ATT it came withj the sim card

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@csqwherever wrote:

was under the impression if you got it from Apple or ATT it came withj the sim card

Those bought with a new 2 year contract definitely do come with a sim (I think unlocked phones don't come with a sim) but since that was not the OP you responded to, no telling where they got their phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.