The new iPhone 15
sykevin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 10:18 AM

Closed

How can I use AT&T iphone4 in China?

I'm  on business in China。I‘ve used a China-unicom usm card in the iphone4,but it cannot work。

how can I use chinese phone number in China?

Also when I back In USA, My AT&T number can be used as before?

can anybody help me ? thanks a lot!

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4K Messages

13 years ago

You cannot use a different country's SIM card in an AT&T iPhone 4.  All iPhones sold by AT&T are locked to the AT&T network.  Any methods to get around those locks cannot be discussed here.  You will either have to enable international roaming and buy an international roaming plan, or you will have to use a different phone.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

As the poster above said (and as is widely reported everywhere) AT&T/US iPhones are SIM Locked to AT&T. They always have been, always will be. You'll need to buy an unlocked world phone for use with other sims.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

ok,roger that

Scholar

• 

297 Messages

13 years ago

Just back from that part of the world..

Had a couple iPhones on the trip.

One of them had the AT&T International Data Roaming plan, 20MB.  3 days, 20MB should be enough...

Don't think so, especially if you're lost and use the map app.

Next time if we don't get a local SIM (for the unlocked AT&T iPhones) we'll get a much higher data plan.

The 20MB plan is close to useless..

Master

• 

4K Messages

13 years ago

And just so we're clear, there is no current legitimate way to unlock the iPhone through AT&T or Apple.  Any third-party methods undertaken to unlock iPhones run the risk of voiding your warranty, and they cannot be discussed in this forum.

Scholar

• 

297 Messages

13 years ago

@BrianfromNO wrote:

And just so we're clear, there is no current legitimate way to unlock the iPhone through AT&T or Apple.  Any third-party methods undertaken to unlock iPhones run the risk of voiding your warranty, and they cannot be discussed in this forum.

And just so we're clear, one of my unlocked (AT&T) iPhone 4 died.

Took it to the Apple Genius Bar.

Phone replaced, no questions asked.

Of course, that was my single experience at one Apple store.

They do not have to replace a Jailbroken phone, but they did.

I am a long time AT&T customer, with multiple unlocked AT&T iPhones

Your mileage may vary.

Master

• 

4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, but they don't have to, and to suggest something like that is both foolish and inappropriate within this forum.

Scholar

• 

297 Messages

13 years ago

@BrianfromNO wrote:

Yes, but they don't have to, and to suggest something like that is both foolish and inappropriate within this forum.

Why is it foolish and inappropriate?

I didn't say they would do it for the masses, I didn't say they had to honor the warranty, nor did I suggest anyone try.

I only recounted my experience at an Apple store within the past 2 months.

Had they not replaced the phone I would have tossed it in the trash and either bought a new one or witched to something else.

You need to chill out, you don't know everything there is to know about Apple's practices.

Master

• 

4K Messages

13 years ago

There's a fine line between recounting your experiences and advocating that others do something which not only risks invalidating their warranty but also runs counter to the guidelines of this forum.  

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

13 years ago

Seems to me he was just recounting his specific experience. I didn't see it as advocating something for others.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.