How can I prtect my 3gs iphone?

Contributor

How can I prtect my 3gs iphone?

How can I protect my Apple Iphone 3gs from internet nasties. ? I have Trend on my pc and it will cover a mobile, but not an iphone running Safari it seems (not on the list) Is there a antivirus for iphone?
Message 1 of 6

Re: How can I prtect my 3gs iphone?

Symantec & Intego both make anti-virus products for the iPhone, if I'm not mistaken. I would give a wide berth to Symantec products for Mac OS, as a buddy who worked for Symantec told me: a) their products for Mac were terrible, and b) one of the C-level executives basically said Mac OS didn't have enough market share for Symantec to do anything about it.

Intego makes some good products for Mac OS, but I don't really see the need for a mobile virus program for iOS (at this point). There have been very few reports of viruses or Trojans in the wild (i.e., in the real world) targeting iOS, and I know the very first of them was targeted specifically at jailbroken phone users who hadn't changed the default SSH password.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Expert

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

I have a Apple 3GS I just purchased it on Tuesday March 13 2012 anyway when I had my android phone I had a great service called lookout its a mobile anti-virus app it works great I had no viruses whatsoever while using lookout it worth looking into

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Employee

Phone viruses are nearly no
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support