How can I prtect my 3gs iphone?

Contributor

How can I prtect my 3gs iphone?

How can I protect my Apple Iphone 3gs from internet nasties. ? I have Trend on my pc and it will cover a mobile, but not an iphone running Safari it seems (not on the list) Is there a antivirus for iphone?
Message 1 of 6 (1,459 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: How can I prtect my 3gs iphone?

Symantec & Intego both make anti-virus products for the iPhone, if I'm not mistaken. I would give a wide berth to Symantec products for Mac OS, as a buddy who worked for Symantec told me: a) their products for Mac were terrible, and b) one of the C-level executives basically said Mac OS didn't have enough market share for Symantec to do anything about it.

Intego makes some good products for Mac OS, but I don't really see the need for a mobile virus program for iOS (at this point). There have been very few reports of viruses or Trojans in the wild (i.e., in the real world) targeting iOS, and I know the very first of them was targeted specifically at jailbroken phone users who hadn't changed the default SSH password.

Message 2 of 6 (1,444 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author leandrohailey
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Message 3 of 6 (1,436 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 6 (1,312 Views)
Tutor

I have a Apple 3GS I just purchased it on Tuesday March 13 2012 anyway when I had my android phone I had a great service called lookout its a mobile anti-virus app it works great I had no viruses whatsoever while using lookout it worth looking into

Message 5 of 6 (1,221 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Phone viruses are nearly no
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (1,208 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.