The new iPhone 15
leandrohailey's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 6:06 PM

How can I prtect my 3gs iphone?

How can I protect my Apple Iphone 3gs from internet nasties. ? I have Trend on my pc and it will cover a mobile, but not an iphone running Safari it seems (not on the list) Is there a antivirus for iphone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

682 Messages

12 years ago

Symantec & Intego both make anti-virus products for the iPhone, if I'm not mistaken. I would give a wide berth to Symantec products for Mac OS, as a buddy who worked for Symantec told me: a) their products for Mac were terrible, and b) one of the C-level executives basically said Mac OS didn't have enough market share for Symantec to do anything about it.

Intego makes some good products for Mac OS, but I don't really see the need for a mobile virus program for iOS (at this point). There have been very few reports of viruses or Trojans in the wild (i.e., in the real world) targeting iOS, and I know the very first of them was targeted specifically at jailbroken phone users who hadn't changed the default SSH password.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I have a Apple 3GS I just purchased it on Tuesday March 13 2012 anyway when I had my android phone I had a great service called lookout its a mobile anti-virus app it works great I had no viruses whatsoever while using lookout it worth looking into

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Phone viruses are nearly no
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.