The new iPhone 15
mssazzi's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, May 5th, 2012 4:17 PM

How can I Text Respond to Sender ONLY?

Sometimes I just want to reply to the sender but I end up replying to EVERYONE that was included in the original message.  Is there anyway around that? I have an iPhone 4. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

12 years ago

Tap the To: line for the group message. Tap the user you want to send to. Tap "Send SMS"

There you go.

When the iPhone sends a group message, it makes a new "conversation" for the group - replying in that conversation will send to everyone in the conversation. All you can do is get out of it, and go to the person you want to txt, and txt them... otherwise its a group chat.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you!!

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

12 years ago

@johninsj wrote:

Tap the To: line for the group message. Tap the user you want to send to. Tap "Send SMS"

There you go.

When the iPhone sends a group message, it makes a new "conversation" for the group - replying in that conversation will send to everyone in the conversation. All you can do is get out of it, and go to the person you want to txt, and txt them... otherwise its a group chat.

i agree.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I tried this on the iphone 5 and it doesn't appear to work.  any other suggestions?

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

This is an old thread and Apple changed the functionality.  Tap and hold on the message you want to reply to.  A menu will pop up and you can select more...  From there you select the Arrow in the lower right where you can then start a new message and just put that person's number or email address in.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have apparently received group text on my iPhone 5 & 6 but I didn't see any indication that it was group. I tapped reply and it went to entire group. I don't want to type a phone number every time I reply to a text.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.