sap12690's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 12th, 2009 5:27 PM

Closed

Help setting Cox Email Account on 3GS

Hi,

I have a cox email account and have no idea how to set it up on mu iphone 3GS. If someone could just help me out and tell me exactly what to type in the spaces. I live in VA. 

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

14 years ago

It looks like these might be the servers:

POP Server:   pop.east.cox.net 

SMTP Server:   smtp.east.cox.net 

You can try the easy way first:

Settings > Mail Contacts and Calendars > Add Account > Select "Other" .. Select "Add Mail Account"

Fill in your Name, your cox email address and the password you use.  Select Save.  It will try connecting to Cox and set it up automatically.  If not it will allow you to try inputting the server information yourself.

I don't have much other than that.  The Cox webpage seems limited on info.  It shows how to for several clients hereso you can go off their settings.

http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp/contentredirect.asp?sprt_cid=16d799e1-107f-40e1-b04c-7f95e8bcaf39

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

14 years ago

Also just a FYI but you will only be able to recieve email from Cox's servers, you will not be able to send email as their servers will not allow it.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

14 years ago

@TJay74 wrote:

Also just a FYI but you will only be able to recieve email from Cox's servers, you will not be able to send email as their servers will not allow it.

What about comcast? 

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

14 years ago

Comcast is the same way.  When you are not connect to your home network with your iPhone you will not be able to send thru the Cox/Comcast/etc server as they block the ability to send mail using their servers unless you are directly connected to them.  When out and using your wireless internet your not going thru their network and are using ATTs network.

Once set up go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > select the email account > Under Outgoing Mail Server click on SMTP > Under Other Mail Servers > Ensure AT&T SMTP Server is set to ON.  This way it can send via the ATT servers if your normal ones are not available.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks! I will def do that when I get my phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

I have had my iPhone since Christmas (finally got one) and the Apple store setup my email servers and they have worked wonderfully since, well until today.  For some reason it will no longer let me send emails, I receive them fine.  When I try to send I get the message "Cannot Send Mail; The sender address was invalid."  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

Can you send emails to the destination address via Cox's webmail interface?

Are you certain the issue is with the iPhone and not Cox email in general?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

I did check that.  I am able to send emails from my home computer and from the cox webmail site without any problems.  Its only an issue with my iPhone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

I started having the same problem about two days ago.  I did just finish sinking the iphone with itunes and there was an update installed to the iphone and itune.  Immediately after that is when the problem started.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.