The new iPhone 15
nosajholt's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 21st, 2017 7:01 PM

Help Unlocking: Two 100% owned iPhone 6s, fulfilled 2-year plan, now on prepaid, need unlocking

Hello, I am having a similar issue with two of my iPhones (6S).  They are both fully paid off.  We were on a business plan for two full years, then went to a GoPhone (Prepaid) plan (because the business no longer offered their plan), and have been on GoPhone (Prepaid) for four months.  We are going to Europe in two weeks, and need to have both of these phones unlocked, as we were told by AT&T four months ago that we could get the phones unlocked anytime, due to the fact we paid for them 100%.

I went to the website to request unlocking and was denied due to our GoPhone plan not being at 6 months.  I have had the phones since 2015 on AT&T, I don't understand why AT&T cannot unlock the phones.  So I called AT&T on Saturday Aug 19th and was once again denied, even after the AT&T rep asked her supervisor - the reason being the computers would not let them.  They saw that I had a full-blown business account for two full years with the same phones!  Needless to say, I am pretty upset about this, and if someone from AT&T can help me get these phones unlocked, I would very much appreciate it!  Thank you for your help - Jason

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.