For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
boppo's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Friday, February 24th, 2012 10:27 PM

Have some question on the new iPhone 4s I am getting.

Hi All, I have a iPhone 4 now which I will be giving it to my girl friend when my new one gets here on Monday. 1) What is the best way to set my new one up? Should I install all my apps on the new phone or just do a backup and restore the new one. I read some place that it is best to install all the apps again cuz it will work better. 2) Once I get the new sim card for the Iphone at the AT&T store that she is getting she will need to activate it on iTunes. I think she will be able to use my computer to do that but she will have to setup a iTune account (right). 3) I think when we are at the store getting the sim card we can also get her data plan set up. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

12 years ago

@boppo wrote:
Hi All, I have a iPhone 4 now which I will be giving it to my girl friend when my new one gets here on Monday. 1) What is the best way to set my new one up? Should I install all my apps on the new phone or just do a backup and restore the new one. I read some place that it is best to install all the apps again cuz it will work better. 2) Once I get the new sim card for the Iphone at the AT&T store that she is getting she will need to activate it on iTunes. I think she will be able to use my computer to do that but she will have to setup a iTune account (right). 3) I think when we are at the store getting the sim card we can also get her data plan set up. Thanks

back your old Iphone 4 up and set the new on eup from the back off the iphone 4. then restore th iphone as a new iphone and give to your GF.

yes she will need her own itunes account and a new sim card and a data plan also. go to a corporate store to do this as they will give you the sim acard for free.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the info.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.