For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
JERRY87's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 24th, 2018 10:18 PM

HOW TO REMOVE BLACKLIST??

HELLO, I AM FROM MEXICO,I DID BUY AN IPHONE 8 THROUGH EBAY BUT I CAN NOT UNLOCK IT BECAUSE IT IS IN A BLACK LIST AND THE SELLER TOLD ME IT WAS UNLOCKED

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You can’t. Only whoever put the phone on the blacklist can remove it from the blacklist. You bought a brick. Return it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Same ish happened to me. Don’t even waste your time trying to call anyone because I spent at least 8 hours talking to everyone imaginable and no one wants to help. If it hasn’t been 30 days yet contact eBay ASAP, and if it has but is less than 180 days/6 months then contact PayPal for buyer protection and open a claim ASAP! Mine was reported stolen after 7 months and I am completely beat. AT&T will not investigate or won’t give any info on original owner who pulled this blatant fraud on me! Disappointing that no one cares to stop this fraud. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

This is exactly what happened to me.  The phone was working fine for two months then stopped working.  Checked the ATT website and it says that it was reported stolen and like everyone here mentioned, ATT will not do anything about it.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

5 years ago

Why would anyone expect that AT&T would take the time and expend the resources to research a phone that someone else put on the blacklist?  They aren’t the ones who bought a phone from a third party, plus in many cases  the person complaining about a phone being blacklisted isn’t an AT&T customer, whereas the person who put the phone on the blacklist likely was a customer.  AT&T isn’t going to give a rando someone else’s information by identifying who put the phone on the blacklist so you can go bothering them.  Also, there’s the fact that if you have a phone that’s been blacklisted, you are in possession of someone else’s stolen or misplaced property and shouldn’t have it in the first place.  Finally, if people other than the original owner could remove a phone from the blacklist, there would be no point to having a blacklist in the first place.

The lesson should be to only buy phones from trustworthy dealers that have a return policy, or from people you know well that will be still around if you have a problem.  Unfortunately, buying phones from randos on places like eBay, Craigslist, Swappa, etc. allows those scams to keep happening.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I dropped AT&T and went elsewhere after 15 years of being a customer partially due to this situation and their unwillingness to give any info that they probably had sitting right in front of them as they were talking to me, such as the insurance company that at least put the phone on the list in the first place. It’s literally the perfect scam because neither side is willing to help so there is no way to get in trouble (in case anyone is looking to make some extra money). Screw ‘em. For anyone who runs into this situation in the future, just know that there is a market for your ‘stolen’ phone. People buy them and then ship/sell them overseas in bulk for them to use on their networks that don’t follow the US blacklist stuff. So just post it on either eBay or Facebook marketplace to recoupe atleast some of the originally cost of the phone. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Ken147 wrote:

Currently there is a working solution for AT&T blacklist.

Hogwash.  Blacklist removal does not work. It’s been tried many times.  The IMEI on a phone will always result in a blocked phone. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Smartguy79  complete gibberish.  Please read and edit your posts before posting on the forum.  This one makes no sense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.