Government Alerts on ATT iphones?

Teacher

Government Alerts on ATT iphones?

A friend of mine just got an iphone on another network.  We were standing in the office and all of a sudden his phone started making a noise neither of us had ever heard from our phones. 

Turns out he had a Government Alerts section under his Notifications page.  It includes emergency alerts and Amber alerts.

When will ATT support this?

Message 1 of 45
Tutor

Re: Government Alerts on ATT iphones?

I, too; REALLY want WEAs on my iPhone 4.

I received a carrier update which installed the alerts on my phone a couple days ago, but then I received another update which removed the feature. I recently called AT&T to ask why they removed the alerts, and I asked if they could re-install them. They said that the updates were pushed through Apple. The first update "caused problems" for iPhone 4 users, so they released the second update to remove the Government Alerts from iPhone 4 phones.

They said the only iPhones which presently have the alert capabilities are the 4S and the 5.

AT&T said they can't do anything, since the alert was pushed through Apple, and I would need to talk to Apple if I had further questions.

Does anybody know if/when we will get these alerts on the 4? Or this an excuse for the companies (and Apple) to try to make us upgrade our phones to the 4S and 5?

I really want these on my phone! Smiley Sad
Message 41 of 45
Highlighted
Tutor

FWIW I was told the same thing that it was through Apple

Message 42 of 45
Contributor

I know people who have Verizon in my area and they can receive Amber alerts. I have an IPhone 4
Message 43 of 45
Contributor

Any updates on this issue?  I'm also not getting the Government Alerts option under my Iphone settings.

Running version 6.1.3 and still no resolution.

Message 44 of 45
Community Manager

What kind of phone are you using?

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 45 of 45
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support