The new iPhone 15
misskitty1990's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 7:00 PM

Friend selling me his iphone 3g

I have a friend that is going to sell me his iphone when he upgrades his phone. I currently have a samsung flight with unlimited data (on a family plan). Will i have to change my data/voice plan when i get his phone?

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@misskitty1990 wrote:

i don't think my phone is a smart phone. im pretty sure it is just a quick messaging phone. does it matter?

Yes, it does.  The data plans are different.  If you are on an unlimited MediaNet package for QMD's, it will not transfer or make  you eligable for the unlimited smartphone data plan.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

@misskitty1990 wrote:

I have a friend that is going to sell me his iphone when he upgrades his phone. I currently have a samsung flight with unlimited data (on a family plan). Will i have to change my data/voice plan when i get his phone?

You can stay on your family plan.  The data package will be changed to an iPhone data plan but you are grandfathered in and entitled to keep your unlimited data plan assuming the Samsung phone is a smart phone.   From your perspective, no change just in ATT's systems to reflect what is being used. 

Do not let them drop your unlimited data plan.  You get the iPhone equivalent. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

i don't think my phone is a smart phone. im pretty sure it is just a quick messaging phone. does it matter?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

darn. well thanks for the help! Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I want to take advantage of the Radio Shack trade-in sale this week.  I have a 3GS and plant to get an iPhone 4.  Is ATT going to hassle me?  Extend my contract?  

And what will I have to do?

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

@bigpics wrote:

I want to take advantage of the Radio Shack trade-in sale this week.  I have a 3GS and plant to get an iPhone 4.  Is ATT going to hassle me?  Extend my contract?  

And what will I have to do?

Will ATT allow you to take advantage of the RS offer? Maybe?  Are you eligible for an upgrade? if so, should not be a problem on ATT's end.  RS may have their own rules.....

Will ATT extend your contract? Yes - you are getting a new phone at a discount, it goes with the contract for 2 years.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.