Forwarding text messages

Professor

Forwarding text messages

Forwarding text messages from an iPhone to any other number. Has Apple made this action available for iPhones yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 1 of 12 (30,469 Views)
Professor

Re: Forwarding text messages

Yes... been there since 3.1.3, probably longer.

Message 2 of 12 (30,454 Views)
Scholar

Re: Forwarding text messages

Yes, text forwarding has been available since 3.0 was released. All you have to do is press Edit on the top right of the text window, then select the message and press Forward.

Message 3 of 12 (30,433 Views)
Professor

Re: Forwarding text messages

I've been trying to help this user with setting up auto forwarding text messages from his 3G iPhone to another number. There is all kinds of instructions for forwarding calls, but nothing for text messages.

I'm at a loss at this point. Can you guys give any guidence? Is it even possible with iPhones?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 4 of 12 (30,428 Views)
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zombiehunter
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Forwarding text messages

Auto forwarding is not an option.

 

There may be apps that will allow for this, you could try searching the app store in iTunes.

Message 5 of 12 (30,393 Views)
Professor

Re: Forwarding text messages

OK then, I was correct in thinking that apple still hasn't upgraded their OS to allow forwarding of text messages. I know that in '07, owners were hoping for an updated OS to allow this function.

 

Thanks satchev, I'll pass it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 6 of 12 (30,388 Views)
Professor

Re: Forwarding text messages

yep we can forward text. in 08 we could not do it......but now  we can Smiley Happy  now i get to many forward textes from ppl lol....

Message 7 of 12 (30,375 Views)
Professor

Re: Forwarding text messages

[ Edited ]

 


graphite07 wrote:

yep we can forward text. in 08 we could not do it......but now  we can Smiley Happy  now i get to many forward textes from ppl lol....


 

Hey graphite07, thanks for the info. What the customer is trying to do is set his iPhone 3G to automatically forward text messages to another number, just like call forwarding.

Is that something you can do with your iPhone? And if so, which one are you using?

 

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 8 of 12 (30,369 Views)
Guru

Re: Forwarding text messages

The iPhone can not auto forward texts!
Message 9 of 12 (30,322 Views)
Professor

Re: Forwarding text messages

 


ghostryder wrote:

OK then, I was correct in thinking that apple still hasn't upgraded their OS to allow forwarding of text messages. I know that in '07, owners were hoping for an updated OS to allow this function.

 

Thanks satchev, I'll pass it on.


 

Just to clarify.

The iPhone can forward text messages.

The iPhone can not auto forward text messages.

 

These are two seperate functions.

A better solution might be to update whatever app/program/utility that is currently sending text messages to his cell to send to the new number.

Message 10 of 12 (30,300 Views)
Professor

Re: Forwarding text messages

 


satchev wrote:

 


ghostryder wrote:

OK then, I was correct in thinking that apple still hasn't upgraded their OS to allow forwarding of text messages. I know that in '07, owners were hoping for an updated OS to allow this function.

 

Thanks satchev, I'll pass it on.


 

Just to clarify.

The iPhone can forward text messages.

The iPhone can not auto forward text messages.

 

These are two seperate functions.

A better solution might be to update whatever app/program/utility that is currently sending text messages to his cell to send to the new number.


Yup, I'm clear on this issue, and the user is now seeking a third party app, if there is one.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 11 of 12 (24,971 Views)
Contributor

Re: Forwarding text messages

For iPhones to forward messages automatically your iPhone has to have the same iCloud account on it. To find it go to the SETTINGS>ICLOUD>SIGN IN OR UP
Message 12 of 12 (14,108 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.